Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty sad when you young wiper snappers can’t dress yourselves, im on my 70th year, wear 3 or 4 layers (sometimes an electric vest) and can put on my own suit. I’ve had 3 shoulder surgeries too.

Bully for you. I don't appreciate your comments being personal and antagonistic. The discussion isn't about you, your age or your surgeries. We've all (or most) have been there when a fellow dive buddy lends a hand with the zip... denial of that is pure BS.

Bully for you. I don't appreciate your comments being personal and antagonistic. The discussion isn't about you, your age or your surgeries. We've all (or most) have been there when a fellow dive buddy lends a hand with the zip... denial of that is pure BS.
Fair enough, you gotta do you

This was my first owned plastic zipper, but have used many loaner/rentals with plastic and no issues because those suits were quite baggy in comparison. Should I have Seaskin switch to metal?
The plastic zip is fantastic. As the suit breaks in you'll be able to reach and fin better.
Still, the last inch of the upper part of the zip is beyond what I can reach, hence the buddy effect and risk therein.
Add a length of paracord to your zipper to aid in doing it yourself. There's no way I could reach mine and pull on the BS T-pull that is installed on my brass zip.
Red is my dry zip, gold is my zip cover. Both have a pull added so that I can grab it with bare or gloved hands. A quick flip of my shoulder and the pull is accessible if it somehow went behind me.

20230509_151353.jpg
20230509_151333.jpg

If you knew @lexvil (which you obviously don't) he didn't mean anything by it. We all crack jokes back and forth, none of them are ever personal. If you want to have 10 sherpas dress you at the waters edge that's your right. Dive and let dive. Be apart of the conversation but don't take things personal. It's the internet, it's not worth it.

Your suit will break in. It needs some talc and some time in and out of it. Also, blow it up at the surface and stretch right before going under. Makes a world of difference getting your body into all the nooks and crannies.

And you "can" self don your suit. You just haven't figured it out yet (and that's ok). Keep trying, just don't force anything. I had to attach a lanyard to mine like @Boarderguy too, otherwise I couldn't reach it.

Good, you were getting kind of personal on that attack! My only guess was you were typing one handed while engaging in that self abuse thing you over indulge in with the other :wink:
Dammit.. I told you stop peeking on my webcam. It's weird when people I know watch... gotta earn $$ for dive gear somehow🤣🤣🤣

Dammit.. I told you stop peeking on my webcam. It's weird when people I know watch... gotta earn $$ for dive gear somehow🤣🤣🤣

It is broadcasting if you don't know it. People are ROFL.

Well you went to the trouble of the only fans page to generate therapy $, I’m only trying to help :)

I want to thank each and every one of you for subscribing (2). Don't judge, gotta work with the body the good lord gave me:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom