Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And as we look back, that was start of the end of the Seaskin Nova thread, when sides were drawn and the argument devolved from santi vs seaskin to the pros and cons of socialized medicine. :bash:
I have to pay $535 every month for Medicare and I rarely see a doctor so down the drain goes the $, he gets to pay that when he buys something but he gets stuff for his money.

I can't have empathy for the guy? I mean we're all singing the praises of less expensive drysuits and this poor guy has to pay a good bit more. I just feel bad, that's all.

I would hope he would empathize with how much we pay for health care!
Gotta admit, every time I'm shopping for european scuba stuff from an overseas vendor, and I pop in my US shipping address and that 20% VAT melts away, I get mixed feelings. Maybe its time for the EU to have a little tea party of their own? :stirpot:

I have to pay $535 every month for Medicare and I rarely see a doctor so down the drain goes the $, he gets to pay that when he buys something but he gets stuff for his money.
I think the whole system is a mess. Too much greed across the board and not just here, all over. They might not pay for healthcare but I'm sure their government shafts them just as much as ours does to us. Regardless which side of the isle you fall on, that's probably something we can all agree.

So, how bout those drysuits... mine was damp in the legs/feet last night when I pulled it off the drying rack. I got a little overzealous in my rinse and didn't realize the inside was partly rinsed as well. Spent Sat - Tue inside and upside down so only needed a few hand towels to remove the moisture. Diving this afternoon so I'll know for sure then.

@Boarderguy 👍
IMG_1079.gif

So, how bout those drysuits... mine was damp in the legs/feet last night when I pulled it off the drying rack. I got a little overzealous in my rinse and didn't realize the inside was partly rinsed as well. Spent Sat - Tue inside and upside down so only needed a few hand towels to remove the moisture. Diving this afternoon so I'll know for sure then.
Let the undies soak it up

Why do you rinse? Is it because you only dive salt?

I used to rinse all my gear, but now I just plan to do a fresh water dive sooner than later and that works.

Why do you rinse? Is it because you only dive salt?

I used to rinse all my gear, but now I just plan to do a fresh water dive sooner than later and that works.
Yes, maybe 2 or 3 fresh dives per year and rest are salt. My next dives are never set in stone so I rinse and flush everything after each dive day/trip. I've had everything sit in my bin for 2 weeks because I'd planned to dive 2 days later but somebody said it would be a bad idea to go...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom