Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing these! I was getting lost in their catalog... So you leave the more expensive bit connected to the pee valve tube of the drysuit? And the cheaper bit on the catheter?
The female has a dry shut off so you don't have to be connected and it won't leak. I keep a male connected when stored to avoid it being a sealed wet environment. A spare male/female combo lives in my SAD and a have a couple extra males in case I forget to remove from the cath when I toss it.

The female has a dry shut off so you don't have to be connected and it won't leak. I keep a male connected when stored to avoid it being a sealed wet environment. A spare male/female combo lives in my SAD and a have a couple extra males in case I forget to remove from the cath when I toss it.
Thanks! I just ordered 2 females and 4 males. The ID of my Light Monkey tubing seems to be 5/16 so went with that for the female and 3/8 for the male plug.
Good tip on leaving a male connected during storage! Going to do the same for sure.

I bought a Seaskin Nova over the winter, and had my first chance to dive it yesterday. The dive was at a northwest Ohio quarry for 60 minutes, and, according to my computer, almost the entire dive was in the 41F-47F range. (No real thermocline in the quarry yet.)

First, with regard to fit, it was a little tight. I did not order it with the extra room, but maybe should have. I suspect they made it exactly to my specifications, but I probably could have used an extra centimeter here and there. Not much – just a tiny bit extra. If I were using thin undergarments for significantly warmer water, I might not have felt that way. Still, I didn't notice it too much during the dive, and I could still reach my valves on my doubles – but it was tight.

There was some moisture inside the drysuit when I was done, but the suit kept me drier than my previous drysuit. A little moisture around the wrists (pretty normal without dry gloves) and a small amount in the lower abdomen\crotch – possibly sweat or condensation -- not entirely sure where that came from, but that's where moisture tends to pool. It was actually pretty warm outside, so I was basically getting suited up in 75F sunny weather and then jumping into very cold water. Towards the end of the dive, I kept thinking that there must be water in the suit because my back felt really cold when the suit vented. After taking the suit off, I think it was mostly because I was starting to get cold, not wet. I could just put on my sweatpants and drive away – no need to change at the end of the dive, which I have experienced on occasion with my previous drysuit.

The valves worked fine (Sci-Tech) and overall I think it is a good value for the money. It strikes me as very well built, and I really like the neoprene socks better than the fabric socks on my old suit. The fabric is definitely heavier and thicker than my old bilaminate suit.

So, I guess the question is, would I order it again? So far, the answer is yes. I'll be diving it the rest of the summer, so we'll see how it holds up and how I feel about the sizing. Overall, I think they have a solid product.

I'd need to check the local hardware store but from what I've seen it would cost me like 20 bucks here to order online. Unfortunately Switzerland is a bit of a black hole when online ordering is concerned.

Order a few spares for yourself and a few more extra to sell to your buddies. :)

I don't know if this was one off but McMaster won't even ship to Canada.
I even asked them to send it to a UPS PO in Ogdensburg, so I'd drive up to retrieve. They declined....

Luckily, found a local source ( grainger.ca )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom