Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

US equivalent is 4015.90.0050, other clothing articles of rubber. 4% duty. There will also be Merchandise Processing fee of 0.3464% of declared value. $27.33 minimum. You’ll get hit with the minimum. MPF is what you pay for US Customs processing your entry.

Ok. If that is the case, it looks like it will be under $100. $60 for duty and then $30 for this processing fee. Not bad I guess. Thanks for looking that up!

You’re welcome. Other people have reported getting a FedEx duties bill for around $60. The MPF I quoted is for the clearances I do. FedEx operates under special air express courier regulations and that might affect the MPF they charge. I’m not sure without digging into the 19CFR and I don’t want to do that on a weekend. :D

Now I just need to decide on Undergaments. I want to get some good stuff without paying a high price. Seems like some companies charge way too much (looking at you 4th Element) for what you actually get. I bought some thermals for skiing that are fantastic and cost significantly less than 4th Element's base layer. Now just need to look at getting some thicker undergarments.

I had 4th Element Arctic undies. Then I got the Seaskin suit with Seaskin Tech Base layer and Seaskin 150 and 250 gsm undersuits.

I sold the 4E stuff with an old drysuit I also sold. Since then, I got a set of the Waterproof Meshtec 3D undies (shirt and leggings). The Meshtec over the Seaskin Tech Base is now my go-to setup for any cold water diving. I am very impressed with the Meshtec.

You’re welcome. Other people have reported getting a FedEx duties bill for around $60. The MPF I quoted is for the clearances I do. FedEx operates under special air express courier regulations and that might affect the MPF they charge. I’m not sure without digging into the 19CFR and I don’t want to do that on a weekend. :D

Yeah, I think it was some of your previous posts that convinced me to break up the order so as to not get hit with a high duty bill. My Fedex bill came after they delivered my suit and was for $55.

I had 4th Element Arctic undies. Then I got the Seaskin suit with Seaskin Tech Base layer and Seaskin 150 and 250 gsm undersuits.

I sold the 4E stuff with an old drysuit I also sold. Since then, I got a set of the Waterproof Meshtec 3D undies (shirt and leggings). The Meshtec over the Seaskin Tech Base is now my go-to setup for any cold water diving. I am very impressed with the Meshtec.

I'll look into the Meshtec. I'm seeing good reviews of it already.

This is the thermals I have for Skiing that I believe will be perfect for the drysuit. Not much difference with a lot of the higher priced stuff I've seen. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SJK9VK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll look into the Meshtec. I'm seeing good reviews of it already.

This is the thermals I have for Skiing that I believe will be perfect for the drysuit. Not much difference with a lot of the higher priced stuff I've seen. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SJK9VK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would (and do) use Merino wool stuff over any of the polyester stuff like that. Wool will still keep you warm even if it gets wet.

I just spent my free Friday trying on every drysuit they had in the biggest scuba store in the Netherlands.

I tried all old demo model Otter suits they had because I could get them for €950,-.
They had all sizes but none fitted. Also the seals where murder.
I tried Santi and was shocked how bad they fitted me. I guess the Corona kilo's finally took their toll. Also expected current delivery time is 5 months :shocked:

They also had Scubapro evertech and the flavor of the month 'Camaro' but both seemed flimsy for my taste with thin fabric and cheapish tape (but they cost half the price of Santi so...).

I decided to just take the risk and ordered a Seaskin Nova.
All black with red pockets (to stand out from the crowd), Kubi rings and gloves and Sitech neck seal.
After all taxes and stuff this should still be cheaper then most cheap suits of the rack without any of those options.

The waitings starts...

Lucas Divestore

Edit: I see they advertise as the biggest of Europe

I see. I know them well. At least I know the owner well.

How are they rated in service?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom