SeaRider or Song of Joy Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Song of Joy

I dived with them for a week in June 09. The dive centre manager was a gentleman and a very knowledgable diver. I did several dives with him.
There was a group of Japanese divers who didn't speak english, and myself. The owner made sure that we buddied up together to ensure I was not left isolated.

The dive guides are also local and experienced. I was very impressed with them and their awareness of the divers in the group. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this centre. Prices were competitive too because we shopped around before deciding who to dive with.

If anyone needs anymore info just PM me.

I am now on my 5th of 6th days diving here with Mark of Sea Rider. I can personally vouch for his service. Picks you up straight from the ferry when you arrive, bring you to his shop, and arrange for rooms at whatever price range you wish. I brought my non diving wife and she enjoys the food next door at Full Moon.

Thanks (Salamat) for these tips. I am heading over to Mindoro in April/May and was going to stay at the El Galleon and dive with Asia divers, however due to budget constraints need to look elsewhere. It looks like Mark at Sea Rider is an excellent choice.

Mark of Seariders is definitely a good choice. I was there for d weekend & its superb service.
Had fantastic dives!

Question for you guys. Can we just show up in small laguna and look for a place to stay and pop in to see Mark for diving or should we make advance reservations?
I would be coming over from anilao/Mabini with my niece for a few days. Does he go out to Verde Island?

No problem just popping in, but you miss the free speed boat pickup from your ferry and return. I met a Kiwi who did the same, hiked from the ferry terminal, checked around and by chance came by Sea Rider.

Just checked the searider website. the prices for AOW and Nitrox look good to me. I would love to take these two courses while there. Would like to stay in a small resort in small laguna though as night life isn't all that important to us. If Mark can arrange this as well.................great.

Can pick you up at PG main port called Muelle. However, if you wish to stay near dive sites that's in Sabang Island fronting PG mainland and that's a different port. You take the ferry from Batangas bound for Sabang, only an hour. there are two ferry lines, FSL and Rhealene. Departure starts at 7 and last I think is at 3.Small Laguna is quiet, not as lively as Sabang village which is less than a kilometer talk. Also Large Laguna is even quieter. I still haven't gotten rid of my diving hangover, I want to go back were it not for my flooded G10 which happened on the 1st dive .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom