SeaRider or Song of Joy Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made the supreme error of bringing my camera with me hooked to my harness as I made a back entry from the boat. Upon checking ater about 5 minutes at 25 feet, I noticed a condensation on the back part of the housing and water slowly seeping in. I squeezed the corner where the water was coming from and it seemed to stop and flipped the case upside down to concentrate the water down to the port and signalled my DM. I went back up and had the camera removed from the case. No time to rinse in fresh water so I had it stored in a ziplock bag full of rice until coming back a week later. Today brought it to Canon service and will now in 3 days the outcome. I had them open it and true enough the IC boards were corroded. The memory card can't be read and the battery contacts corroded within an hour after the dive. Lesson re-learned: keep an alcohol filled sealed plastic box for emergencies, learn to open the camera to dispel any saltwater remains, and have it blown dry.
Anyone selling a used G10 just in case the repair will cost more?

Question for you guys. Can we just show up in small laguna and look for a place to stay and pop in to see Mark for diving or should we make advance reservations?
I would be coming over from anilao/Mabini with my niece for a few days. Does he go out to Verde Island?

Mark does go out to Verde, but keep in mind that he only has one speed boat, so if you're diving with others it might not be possible to go unless they all want to go.

His prices for dives will depend on how many dives total you do with him and anything extra. Best to send him an email or text. There's a premium for diving verde to account for the sanctuary fees and extra distance.

The beauty about PG is if SeaRiders can't go to Verde, then there are plenty of other dive shops that might be making the trip and you can tag along.

edit: I also agree with Prandy regarding going to Sabang instead of Muelle if you're staying on Small Lalaguna (unless you need something in the town proper). If you've never been to PG before, then sure - take the ferry to Muelle then a water taxi to Small Lalaguna (~P180).

Just one thing - the boats to Muelle leave earlier and later than from Sabang (if you want to maximize stay time). I can't remember the times, but I wrote them down in one of my older posts.

SeaRiders can pick you up, but the walk is fine from Sabang - about 10-15 mins only.

in white beach I recommend Pacific Divers. If you take the boat to Baltero (not Muelle) white beach resorts are only 10 munutes away by tricycle

the family goes to White Beach and I like aninuan alot, but it is a long way from anything.
Would love to have Searider just pick us up at Puerto gallera pier (Muelle).
I see, from your previous post I was under the impression you were going to stay at small lalaguna. I've never been to Aninuan - is there still the only one really nice beach resort there or are there now other resorts there?

chip104. Yes my plans for this year are to spend some time in small laguna and hopefully dive with searider. Before I was into scuba diving (2008) I was doing snorkeling/free diving. My wifes family lives over in Mabini/Batangas about 5-10 minutes from anilao. Pinoys seem to like white Beach and that's where we ususally went until I read about Aninuan in Lonely Planet guide. Aninuan is a 5 minute hike around the rocks from White Beach or a 3 minute tricycle trip. It is very peaceful and quiet there. There are 2 really nice resorts. tamaraw beach resort is where we stay. Food is good, accomdations are inexpensive and range from bungalows on the beach to a concrete hotel style. the other resort is aninuan beach resort. I like this place also, but if your with a large group (like I seem to travel with "tagalongs") tamarraw works out well.
Anyway, this time I'd like to try small laguna as it would be an easy walk around the point to Sabang, yet far enough away to get some quiet and peace. also I will (hopefully) not be traveling with an entourage ("tag-a-longs") this trip as my family will be very busy with their fiesta in Mabini. I have spent quite a bit of time around Anialo, walking, hiking, snorkeling, kayaking, and scuba.
Oh the ferries go to white beach, but not Aninuan. But it is a very short walk.

Blue Steal, from small laguna, you can take a 5 minute liesurely walk to big laguna where the first cove is smaller, quieter, powder puff white sand and less shops and resorts. it's just past the Korean resort called Red Sun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom