Searching for Dacor '78 era gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrGRD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am searching for some older Dacor basic equipment. In particular I am searching for mid to late 70’s era masks, full foot fins and snorkels. Trying to find the stuff I purchased when I first started diving, I guess getting a little nostalgic. I was really excited when they started to put double seals in masks and nose forms rather than the little finger pockets. Any sources you might know of would be great.

Ebay gets the type of items you are looking for from time to time. Since you're looking for Dacor stuff, they don't tend to cost you an arm and a leg like some other brands.

Snorkels are pretty routinely seen. I don't know about masks and full foot fins, but I'm sure they're there.

When Mares took over Dacor, they seem to have inherited large stocks of Dacor Corda full-foot fins:

013675_big.jpg

I've just conducted another online search and conclude that these stocks must now be severely depleted. Scuba.com only seems to have these fins in size 1-2 now:

Mares Corda Full Foot Dive Fins 496007 with reviews at scuba.com

DiveBooty.com may stock Cordas, but the relevant part of their website seems to be down at the moment:

http://www.divebooty.com/item/30/dacor-corda_full_foot_fin.html

A pair of vintage blue Cordas, new-old stock, is advertised here:

Dacor : Sports Linkup Shop : Dacor

Here's a close-up of a vintage pair of Cordas from the Skin Diving History site:
Corda-03.jpg

And here's a link to a ScubaBoard thread posted by somebody wanting Cordas for a snorkelling tour business:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/211284-please-help-looking-some-older-fins.html

Cordas are great, classic, full-foot fins and it's a shame that they now appear to be going the same way as Technisub Alas, the favourite fins of underwater hockey enthusiasts.

Thanks for the info - those are the fins I was looking for, I will look at it more in the morning - thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom