Seacure mouthpiece and donating your primary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You got that right! If I'm OOA, I really don't care if the mouthpiece is an old dog's chew toy or used oil filter. If that sucka delivers air when I'm out, I'm hitting it like a bong!:D
(edit: Uh, I just read about bongs, don't really know anything about them.)

I second this to the Hilt.

Bongs...... I know Nothing of them... LOL.

If you are out of air you have a choice.... Take my sea-cure... or No air.:popcorn:

Hmm, looks different to what I see on the web:

Seacure_mouthpiece_large.jpg

and this from the manufacturers website:

"The colored core is internally bonded to the mouthpiece material in the manufacturing process. However, repeated installation and removal of the unit from regulators may result in some minor, superficial separation of the two layers at the regulator opening."

I second this to the Hilt.

Bongs...... I know Nothing of them... LOL.

If you are out of air you have a choice.... Take my sea-cure... or No air.:popcorn:

Not a problem if Rule #1 has been properly followed :D

Not a problem if Rule #1 has been properly followed :D

Sorry bud....:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

If I/you are out of air....

And you have been trained to breath from a **Free Flowing Reg,Bong** you can by all means breath from a non fitting mouth piece.

It simply goes in your mouth, Fitting or not, And you breath while **WE** GO TOO THE SURFACE...

Pretty basic...

If I was out of air and you had air.... I don't care if it comes from a non-fitting mouth piece or not....:rofl3:

In the out of air situation..... I don't care if the air comes from your.. First/Second/ big toe stage....:D:rofl3:

Hmm, looks different to what I see on the web:

Seacure_mouthpiece_large.jpg

and this from the manufacturers website:

"The colored core is internally bonded to the mouthpiece material in the manufacturing process. However, repeated installation and removal of the unit from regulators may result in some minor, superficial separation of the two layers at the regulator opening."
Maybe they changed it. I got mine in October of last year.

Receiving one on OOA drills does suck. I couldn't stand it. Thankfully the guy got rid of it. It's consider a no no with some tech circles because it could potentially induce a gag reflex.

Sure gagging is better then not breathing but if gagging leads to vomiting you are in serious risk of inhaling water. Coughing underwater through a reg is bad enough, imagine having to vomit through a reg.

So if you don't donate your primary go for it. If you do want to dive a long hose and plan to do OOAs then please be considerate to your buddies and replace it.

Receiving one on OOA drills does suck. I couldn't stand it. Thankfully the guy got rid of it. It's consider a no no with some tech circles because it could potentially induce a gag reflex.

Sure gagging is better then not breathing but if gagging leads to vomiting you are in serious risk of inhaling water. Coughing underwater through a reg is bad enough, imagine having to vomit through a reg.

So if you don't donate your primary go for it. If you do want to dive a long hose and plan to do OOAs then please be considerate to your buddies and replace it.

Imagine having to vomit through a reg.......????

Oh.... Come on....

I have a dive-Buddy that can get sea-sick on a surface swim and she vomits through a reg a lot...

Buddy if you are out of air .... You will fall in love with anything that gives you life sustaining Air.

Come on Buddy...Air is Air... If you have none.

It simply goes in your mouth, Fitting or not, And you breath while **WE** GO TOO THE SURFACE...

I was joking around (hence the smiley) - by following Rule #1 I would already be on the surface... probably in the bar. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom