Seacure mouthpiece and donating your primary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that more experienced divers than I teach donating primary, but I object on other reasons: Then you have two divers with no regs in their mouth until the problem is solved.

Oh man; hope we'll not go off again:popcorn:

i use a seacure. i've been mugged for it (in a class). the buddy didn't even know, it didn't register. he just wanted to breathe.

ask jason b! :wink:

I have full dentures and a Seacure mouthpiece. Nobody gets my primary second stage. I tell everyone within hearing distance that if they need air to take the one with the yellow hose. I am really romantically attached to my reg.

In a drill/Practice situation I don't really want one donated to me.

OOA real emergency give it to me (PLEASE!)

If you take my primary I will get my octo and then we will calm down and ascend.

I don't dive a Seacure (any more) because, in an OOG emergency, I want my buddy to be as comfortable with my reg as possible - something I consider to be very important in an already stressful situation. Why add additional stess? Some people with small mouths would choak on those long ends down their throat.

But then, I don't dive my gear just for me - I dive it for the team. For me, I find that to be the safest way. And I really like the Atomic mouthpiece, which I have on my Apeks pimary.

There are some places where I draw the line in my gear choices, but the Seacure mouthpiece isn't it. I'm happily willing to give it up for the overall betterment of the team comfort and safety.

YMMV

Just looking at a seacure mouthpiece makes me gag. I just think someone else's seacure mouthpiece is horribly uncomfortable ( Yes, I have tried them by the way). But if I am OOA I'd rather gag than drown!

Seacure mouthpiece is not DIR compliant.

I would think not. Certainly something which might be difficult for another diver to use would be not-DIR. Plus this thing seems to be a two-part construction leading to yet another unneccessary failure point (indeed the manufacturer warns of the possiblilty of separation).

Plus this thing seems to be a two-part construction leading to yet another unnecessary failure point (indeed the manufacturer warns of the possibility of separation).
SeaCure_002.jpg

:confused:

For the Apeks at least, it is a very tight fit. I had to reheat it to get it flexible enough to be attached to the regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom