Sea Vision USA - Exceptional Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue sky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Two weeks ago because of a foolish mistake, I cracked the frame of my Sea Vision Ultra mask. I’ve had the mask for almost 7 years. I purchase it right after I signed up for the OW class. At the time I only needed reading glasses so I bought the mask with readers and having snorkeled hundreds and hundreds of times, I got the red lenses with black skirt. The mask was a perfect fit, but a month after getting certified I mentioned to Jim at one of the best know LDS and outdoor sport stores in Pinellas Park that the mask was leaking. Jim pulled an identical mask off the shelf and had me put it on. After checking the fit he explained the Ultra has a soft double seal and that I was wearing the mask too tight thereby distorting the double seal and causing the mask to leak. I’ve been wearing the mask strap very loose ever since.

Every once in a while, I’ll see a new mask come on the market and try it on. None of them ever fit like my Ultra. Fast forward to two weeks ago. Time to get another mask. Since my distance vision has slipped and I also wear bifocals, I though I was going to have trouble finding a mask that fit with the proper distance correction without going to laminated corrective lens.

Obviously because of the fit of my Ultra and its longevity I went to the Sea Vision web page and selected Build Your Mask from the menu. Very easy to use program that steps the user through mask styles, frame & skirt colors, lens colors, corrective lenses (readers, single vision & bi-focal). So Last Wednesday, I placed the order for my new Sea Vision Ultra with clear frame and skirt and yellow bifocal lenses. I expected a delivery in a week or two. Within 15 minutes or so I received a personal email from John acknowledging the order and thanking me for the order.

I wanted to have a spare mask and my red reader lenses were still good so I removed them from the cracked frame and had them delivered to Sea Vision on Friday with a letter asking to have them installed in a new black frame and skirt. I also told Sea Vision a 2 to 3 week delivery would be fine because I was not going to the Keys on vacation until September 9.

At 9:30 Monday morning, five calendar days from placing the first order and three calendar days after delivery of the second order, I received both masks. When I tried them on, they fit just like my old Ultra and the corrective lenses were perfect. I was elated.

Because I recently saw an old post that bad mouthed Sea Visions customer service, I though I would take a few minutes to relate my experience. IMHO, these guys have earned and deserve a gold star for customer service. It is all too familiar for manufacturers to dump a perfectly good product and replace it with an inferior item. It was so nice to receive the Ultra masks. If I put them on in the dark, I would not have been able to distinguish them from my original Ultra.

Thanks for producing a great product and staffing your organization with people that have and practice exceptional customer service.

I had to return a mask with a cracked frame to them, as well. I have to say that their communication and responsiveness was first rate. My wife and I both dive vision-corrected red SeaVisions, and they are great.

Glad you had a positive experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom