Sea temperature in Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Decodiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dear All,

Does anyone know the water temperature for the sea in Seattle, USA at the moment please?

Cheers

Dave Cooper

Assuming your talking about the sound it's between about 48 and 55 year round. I'm sure someone a bit more local than I am these days can give you a recent reading if you need it.

Decodiver:
Dear All,
Does anyone know the water temperature for the sea in Seattle, USA at the moment please?

Cheers
Dave Cooper
You might want to post this in the PNW Orca Bait forum to get more responses.

At any rate, in case you're not familiar, the body of water near Seattle is actually called Puget Sound. Here's a map of the region. http://www.seeseattle.org/maps/wwmap.htm

Last weekend while diving at Alki Beach in West Seattle, the surface temp was like 42 degrees fahrenheit (5.5 celsius), but after decending a few feet it "warmed" up to about 47 (8 celsius). I just started diving so I'm not sure if that's typical, or how much the temp will vary if you dive elsewhere in Puget Sound, or out on the coast. Either way, it's pretty cold! :)

Thanks Guys,

8 celsius is fine, I'll use my dry gloves.

Cheers

Dave

Decodiver:
Thanks Guys,

Cheers

Dave
Sounds about right. I got 7 celsius last night. Not too sure about the surface temp with winds though.

Enjoy!

Decodiver:
Thanks Guys,

Cheers

Dave

Most divers in this region use dry gloves. I use wet gloves ... but then, I'm built like a harbor seal ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

PacNWdiver:
Hey Bob,

Run into your little brother out there at Cove 2 lately?

He he he.... :)
Oh yeah! He was out there last night all right and with a couple of friends.

They were messing up vis for everyone including all the DIT guys that were there.

Poor wolf eel's afraid to come out because of those seals.

DeepDog:
Sounds about right. I got 7 celsius last night. Not too sure about the surface temp with winds though.

Enjoy!

Victoria is supposed to have -5 C with windchill and 10cm of snow tomarrow afternoon. I'll be diving wet. Warm Water Wussies, eat your heart out. :11ztongue

SeanQ:
Victoria is supposed to have -5 C with windchill and 10cm of snow tomarrow afternoon. I'll be diving wet. Warm Water Wussies, eat your heart out. :11ztongue
You mean Santa still hasn't brought you a dry suit? Wow, you must have been even badder than me. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom