Recent water temperature? (June, 2023)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to know, but it doesn't seem to indicate the depth of the measurement.
There is little variation in temperature with respect to depth in the water around Cozumel within the limits of recreational diving. The prevailing current keeps things pretty well mixed.

I was there a couple of weeks ago, dive computer showed a minimum of 28 c or 82 f just the reverse numerically.

Have fun.

Does anyone have recent water temperatures?

Trying to decide which wetsuit to bring next week....

Thanks!

Apologies that I'm a little late seeing this. We were at Columbia Shallows for a DSD on Saturday, June 3rd, and it was 87 degrees. Freakishly hot. Most other dives with depths of ~70 feet were 84 degrees.

Enjoy!

Does anyone have recent water temperatures?

Trying to decide which wetsuit to bring next week....

Thanks!
I just got back a couple days ago. Bottom temps 83-85F. I wore a neoprene beanie and no suit. Comfortable all week, never chilled. My GF, a skinny little 120 pounder wore a 3/2 shorty.

oh my. Water temp today is 85.6F. guess I'm bringing my skin. Arriving the 26th... getting excited.

That temp is getting a little hot....

My Perdix, which has always been very accurate in the past, read a consistent 84 F for both dives this morning from shallow to 140’. I cross checked it at work in a bath with a calibrated thermometer, several years back, and it was spot on and 84 matches what I have seen in early summer for the last decade.

Thanks to all who replied.

My computer shows an average of 85.4 over 14 dives (a low of 83.0, and high of 90.0 -- which must have been wet, at the surface, in the sun).

I dove in an old (crushed, seams splitting) 4/3 wetsuit -- lovely to feel less encumbered than my normal 5mm in CZM. I was comfortable in that for the 1st dive, but a bit chilly toward the end of most of the 2nd dives -- enough that I did use a heated vest sometimes (the combo of vest & old 4/3 wetsuit packs up smaller than my newer 5mm).

All 14 of my dives from June 4-18 were between 80-83 on my Oceanic Pro plus 4. I wore a 2mil farmer john with a L/S rash guard and I was getting warm, scooping water into the top of the farmer john at the last half of the dives. But then again, I always dived So Cal with no hood! lol...I was younger and crazier back in those days!

Back
Top Bottom