Recent water temperature?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a bit warm. I just checked by electronic logbook and in 2023 we had 79-81 in early May, in 2021 we 78-80 in early April and in 2017 we had 77-79 in mid Feb. To be fair, in 2020 we did have 80-81 in mid Feb. and I've never had a trip where some of the dives weren't at least 79 degrees.

Keep in mind we're talking about a few degrees and DC's are not known for temperature accuracy. Nor are people always reliable in how they observe and report temperature. I'll take my own readings in a few weeks and compare to my logs.
I think a lot of the inaccuracy on reported water temp is the DC temp sensor is heat soaked on the surface and is not accurate until it equalizes to the actual water temp during the dive. At the very beginning it logs a false high temp prior to equalizing and if you go back to the log, on just the DC and not at the log on an actual computer, it just reports that initial high max temp. If you look at the log later, on a computer, 5-10 minutes it is more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom