Sea Shepherd condemned by International Whaling Commission.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted excepts from various pages but have also included the links below so you can verify that they were not taken out of context.

LOL - they are all from the Sea Shepherd's website! Amazing how they seem to legitimise the Sea Shepherd's activities isn't it?! Who would have thunk it?

"You must believe the American government are terrorists too then, since they allow some Americans to hunt whales, and are members of the IWC which sanctioned Japan's whaling."

The americans that hunt whales are Eskimos that use traditional methods-
Traditional Whaling
To compare that with the Japanese whalers is absolutely ridiculous.
I have always said, if Japan or any nation wants to kill wales under the premise of "Tradition", I expect to see them row out in a hand-built wooden boat, harpoon the whale, then pull it back to shore and process it on shore. If you want to call it tradition, do it traditionally, without explosives, and without huge processing ships.

"If you stepped outside of your comfort zone, critically examined your views then I believe you wouldn't be able to justify your position morally or intellectually."

What a pompous ass you are! I think you need to read that quote introspectively. Your arguments are descending into something that is more hilarious than sensible.

The americans that hunt whales are Eskimos that use traditional methods-
Traditional Whaling
To compare that with the Japanese whalers is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree.

The whales die quickly when hunted by the Japanese - they die slowly and painfully when hunted by the Americans.

Ridiculous comparison - the American sanctioned methods are much more painful and drawn out than the Japanese ones.

Do you even think before you post Steven?

"If you stepped outside of your comfort zone, critically examined your views then I believe you wouldn't be able to justify your position morally or intellectually."

What a pompous ass you are!

I see you didn't even consider it, shame.

LOL - they are all from the Sea Shepherd's website! Amazing how they seem to legitimise the Sea Shepherd's activities isn't it?! Who would have thunk it?
Well Iceland still never charged Paul Watson, whoever you talk with, the source is irrelevant.

My other points were stating Sea Shepherd's position and statements, so obviously I used the STATEMENTS THEY MADE!

My other points were stating Sea Shepherd's position and statements, so obviously I used the STATEMENTS THEY MADE!

Yep - it's pretty hard to find any credible sources endorsing the Sea Shepherd - I understand why you had to useir their website.

Yep - it's pretty hard to find any credible sources endorsing the Sea Shepherd - I understand why you had to useir their website.

Useir? Is that a new Spanish verb?

When was I trying to show someone endorsing them?

I was stating a fact to show that prosecutors in Iceland did not charge Paul Watson. Either they did or they didn't, the source is of no importance.

Then I wanted to show the statements they had made as to what they would do. If the Navy said they would launch a ship at 10 why would I then go find another site to repeat what the original source had already said? Do you want to see another source say what Sea Shepherd has said they will do?

Nice job geoff. You're losing your weak argument so you're getting hostile and insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom