Sea Shepherd condemned by International Whaling Commission.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and thanks again for the bump. Sea Shepherds ranks are growing with every one of your nonsensical posts.
I doubt anyone has withdrawn from the organization because of this thread and I know that they've gained at least one.
Japan is doing this under the guise of scientific research which we (on both sides of the argument) have already established is a lie. Oh, that's right, It's because we haven't been "Culturally indocrinated" to agree with Japan's "Scientific research".

I have posted excepts from various pages but have also included the links below so you can verify that they were not taken out of context.

Well Iceland could have charged him, but they chose not to:
In 1988! :rofl3:

He doesn't go there these days! :eyebrow:

Norway prosecuted him in absentia, and he was found guilty....so he doesn't go there either!

Costa Rica has 7 attempted murder charges filed against him - he ran away to escape arrest by the coast guard.

Japan is doing this under the guise of scientific research which we (on both sides of the argument) have already established is a lie.
You should learn to read posts better.

Japan DOES conduct scientific research - it's not a lie at all......they publish the results.

On the other hand the scientific research gives them an excuse to do something they want to do anyway.

Nice job geoff. You're losing your weak argument so you're getting hostile and insulting.

Yes Steven, that's why only one of us has had to resort to calling the other a "pompous ass".

Useir? Is that a new Spanish verb?

It's a typo. Feel free to comment on that rather than the sentiment expressed!

Oh, that's right, It's because we haven't been "Culturally indocrinated"

Are you rejecting that cultural indoctrination exists, or just that it doesn't apply to you? (I guess you're special?).

Anyone who doesn't recognise that are a product of their surroundings as well as their DNA isn't very self-aware in my view.

Do you think you would be the same person and hold the all same views (on religion, right and wrong, moral issues like abortion and homosexuality, and whaling) if you grew up in Russia, Iran or Japan? Tell me you would, I dare you!

I'm new to this forum and I can't believe what I'm reading. We are all divers I suspect and being divers we all respect the sea and everything in it right. Why then, with the amount of protein present on this planet, does any country need to hunt whales in the first place.

It's a typo. Feel free to comment on that rather than the sentiment expressed!
Well I did comment on the rest of your post, about how a third party endorsement wasn't relevant when if am referencing the statements of a group, better to cut right to the source. You never replied to that though..

Well I did comment on the rest of your post, about how a third party endorsement wasn't relevant when if am referencing the statements of a group, better to cut right to the source. You never replied to that though..

I had already replied. My point was you can't find anyone credible supporting the Sea Shepherd.

Even the Australian government - hardly pro-Japanese whaling! - said this to the Sea Shepherd

UK Indymedia - Sea Shepherd Receives Message From the Australian Government

For this reason, the Australian Government once again calls on you - as it does all parties - to exercise the utmost restraint in your activities in the Southern Ocean.

The Australian Government strongly discourages activity which could be illegal or unsafe activity which could lead to injury or loss of life at sea.

I'm new to this forum and I can't believe what I'm reading. We are all divers I suspect and being divers we all respect the sea and everything in it right. Why then, with the amount of protein present on this planet, does any country need to hunt whales in the first place.

Somewhat sidetrack:

I agree, that is why I do my absolute best to only eat seafood from sustainable fisheries. This comes from someone who LOVES seafood. There are simple things you can do, like not eat types of fish like Orange Roughy, or Chilean Sea Bass, both of which are not harvested in a sustainable manner. We can all do little things to help.

Welcome to the board. :D

In answer to your question - many in Japan think that whale makes nice "sushi" - which, given your screen name, I'd have thought you might understand! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom