Sea Shepherd condemned by International Whaling Commission.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't all agree that none of us like whaling ..

When I was a kid, I wanted to become a whaler, like the ones in Moby Dick

410D6P13HVL._AA240_.jpg

I have no connection to whaling whatsoever. I don't eat it either. I'd be quite happy if everyone stopped whaling.....but then I'd be quite happy if the US used a lot less oil too - however people have the right to choose how they live their lives and often make choices that I disagree with. That's life.

I believe Paul Watson to be a terrorist, and hypocrite. People who support him I think are at best miguided, at worst, fellow supporters of terrorism and violence.

Yes. I don't know if whaling is a problem or not but people who who think they can force their will on others is a BIG problem.

If the international community does indeed decide that what Watson does is illegal by whatever authority exists in international waters, he as well as those who financially support him should be prosecuted. He couldn't do anything without the money and those contributing the money are every bit as guilty as he is.

If there is any principle that I do agree with, it's the right of an individual to protect themselves and their property...though even that isn't always legal.

It sounds to me like those whaling ships need to be appropriately armed with it's crew trained and authorized to use those armaments in the defense of themselves and their property.

......but people who who think they can force their will on others is a BIG problem.
That's exactly how I feel.....and the reason I always seem to end up to my neck in these threads. I'm not sure if everyone always understands that. It's got very little to do with whaling really - it could be about most anything.

When I was a kid, I wanted to become a whaler, like the ones in Moby Dick

410D6P13HVL._AA240_.jpg

Yes, and most kids wanted to be a swashbuckling, treasure chest burying pirate. That's not really acceptable either.

51E8ATKXCNL._SS500_.jpg

Yes, and most kids wanted to be a swashbuckling, treasure chest burying pirate. That's not really acceptable either.
Pretty much how Paul Watson behaves though.....with his Bowie knife and all! :wink:

If what Paul Watson does is is illegal then why isn't he in jail? He's obviously not hard to find. Any charges against him are usually dismissed to avoid publicity about the acts he's trying to stop. That alone is very indicitive of what these people think of their own actions. Like Kim and myself have already pointed out in this thread the Japanese whalers are lying about their intent.

Paul Watson in his own words-
"We don't give a damn what you or anybody else on this planet thinks. We didn't sink those ships for you. We did it for the whales."

If what Paul Watson does is is illegal then why isn't he in jail?
Because he's too scared to go anywhere near countries that would charge him.
Why do you think he doesn't harass Icelandic or Norwegian ships anymore?

Japan has also announced that in future they will hold and prosecute. I wonder if we'll see a repeat of the guys they gave back this year again.....

Doubt it.

Kim-
Thanks for bringing this issue to the public. Your misguided views are helping Sea Shepherd gain support every time you bump this thread.
Thanks again!

Kim-
Thanks for bringing this issue to the public. Your misguided views are helping Sea Shepherd gain support every time you bump this thread.
Thanks again!
No problem......

When Sea Shepherd finally kills someone it'll make tracking down the sympathisers that much easier! :wink:

(you DO realize that every post any of us makes can be tracked to source, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom