Sea Elite RX650 Regulator????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive an RX-650 as my singles rig. The rig has performed very well for me in all situations and positions in the water. Jack said it best when he stated that this reg cannot be beat for the money. I have had the chance to compare this reg to other top quality (read higher priced and better marketed) regs that are on the market today. I am very impressed by the Sea Elite regulator. I normally dive Atomic M1's and to say that the RX650 preforms better than the Atomics would be inaccuarate, but the RX650 is one of the best breathing Regs I have ever encountered. If I had choice between the $500 Z2x and a RX650 that half the price of the Atomic, I would choose the Sea Elite as long as price was a factor. I feel that the second stage of the RX-650 has better case geometry and a lower exhalation effort than the Atomic, but the Automatic Flow Control feature of the Atomic is simply awesome. When each are tuned properly, I doubt that anyone could truly discern a difference between the Atomic and Sea Elite regs in overall performance.

To the original poster: The sea elite rx650 is a regulator manufactured overseas in a factory that many other manufacturers of scuba equipment use, that is distributed exclusively by Divers Supply online and in our stores. It is a regulator that exceeds the performance of many other nationally distributed regulators, and it is a regulator that has many similar features to other nationally manufactured regulators and a few features that are exclusively unique to the RX650. So without "Being a salesman" this regulator has all the features you could need or want, top performance, a warranty comparable to any other brand, and a price that beats any others you will find. Only you can decide for yourself if it meets your needs, but the quality and value cannot be beat at its price.

Sounds like a winner, but can an LDS other than Divers Supply service this reg?

Sounds like a winner, but can an LDS other than Divers Supply service this reg?

Ahh, there's the rub. It is probably an Ocean Divers Taiwan reg, but Diver's Supply isn't saying. If so, it is possible that a dealer for an OD manufactured reg could service it.

There are many shops that may have the ability to service your sea elite regulator but again there are many shops that will not for no other reason than it is a sea elite. Haters, LOL. For the immense savings on this regulator you will always be able to send it back to our headquarters for service and still be way ahead of other options. We have a full time service tech at our headquarters so service turn around times are short.

Hey Jack....

why doesn't Divers Supply ever submit any of the Sea Elite rigs to the regulator comparisons that are in for example Scuba Diving Magazine?

It'd be interested to see how they compare in one of those publications?

Hello everyone I am new to diving less than a year . I own a rx 650 boss this reg works very well . My only concern is having to send it back for servicing. What I have learned from most experienced divers is they have backups, I will eventially have one this will solve this problem.
I am from Augusta Ga. and spent about 1,800 at ds in Macon Ga. The people that helped me were unbelievable kind and very helpful. I stoped at the Jacksonville D/S store on the way to my checkout dive . They looked at my receite and said the Macon store made a mistack and gave me another 150.00 back. I saved about 600.00 totale from buying all my stuff from them. They were very kind and nice at both stores , If you call and talk to someone you will get a better price than an online price,If you can go in the store youll get a better price. Ive also done buisness with leisure pro very nice people. Dont forget your local dive shop also. Everyone I have met to date that has anything to do with diving has been very nice.

I realize that this is a very old thread, but I just wanted to add my feedback if it helps anyone. I bought a Sea Elite RX330 Scout regulator with first stage and have been diving it biweekly for 8 months now. I bought it for a specific purpose. It is a simple reg and for a hundred bucks certainly serves its purpose well. I trust it more than the crappy rental gear they have around here. At the start of each dive it seems to take a few minutes to "break in" for the seal to stop leaking (a bit of free flow for a minute) and when I'm inverted it tends to keep a bit of water inside that won't clear. However, if you need something inexpensive, are diving shallow/low risk dives then it seems to be a good answer. BTW, the people at Divers-Supply are excellent to work with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom