Sea Elite RX650 Regulator????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EDIT: there are several Divers Supply employees and even their main store manager that are on Scubaboard. I find it odd that anytime someone asks about their "store brand" all you get is silence from them.

The OP wants a 3rd party opinion, not a salesman. Either way, just waiting for a DS employee to respond is kind of a passive approach, no? They publish all their shops' phone numbers on the web. Pick up the phone and give them a call if you want to talk to one of them.

In terms of the Sea Elite brand - I've owned a few items. Not great, but not bad either. As far as their regs go I've only ever owned one of their octo's. Got it as part of a package deal. It did the job for the short time I used it, but I soon replaced it.

When I DID have a question about it I called my local DS and was referred to an Edge rep. Take that for what it's worth in terms of seeking out more answers.

When it comes to buying cheap regs the only question you need to ask yourself is, "How much is my life worth?" I find it's better to spend my money on a less ambiguous product line.

SkimFisher... the Sea Elite regs are made in the SAME EXACT factory that a big amount of the other "brand name manufacturers" use.

Dive Rite, Scuba Max, Edge, Sea Eilite aer all made by a company called Ocean Divers Supply in Taiwan. They make other brands also... I just can't name them all.

The guy who owns ODS, his family owns other scuba OEM shops for other manufacturers. So they are all made by the same folks.

Your gear list says you've got a "Dive Rite 2015 octo". Without checking first, I'm betting it was made in the same factory. The same factory makes all Dive Rite regs. Just something to think about. I just think it's kinda funny is all....

I'm not advocating buying "cheap gear" in regards to "how much your life worth" statement, but chances are that more of your gear was made by these same factories than you know about.....

As for the original poster... Maybe he wanted a 3rd party opinion.... but his first statement was "anyone heard of this brand". All I was saying about Divers Supply was that while they sometimes have shop employees on here, they never seem to answer questions about their brand and it wouldn't hurt them to pick it up a bit. But that's their choice...

I understand that they might be made in the same factory, but assembly and design are two different things. Many companies outsource assembly. That doesn't make my Toshiba the same thing as my Sony. That's all I'm saying.

I just find it a little odd that not even the reps that distribute them can answer even the most basic questions about that line of regs.

Sorry if my previous post was a bit "in your face", I hadn't had any coffee yet.

I'm not worried Skim.... I need my coffee too.

The design is the same. (at least the cast parts). It's an OEM design and costs way to much to make new molds to make minor design changes.

The insides are 99% the same. The only thing you might have is something like a different in thickness in say a diaphram.

Most LDS's just bash Sea Elite because it's a cheaper brand they have to compete against. When in reality, they've got the same exact thing on their shelf with a different brand logo.... It's just Just like LDS'sbash Leisure Pro in sayinging all their stuff is fake, when LP is an authorized dealer for about every brand they sell except AL and SP.

go figure....

Granted, I can't speak on behalf of the RX650 as I've never used it. But I can tell you that my DiveRite octo breaths better than the SE I had, hands down. Not to mention the quality of construction and materials is MUCH better as well.

The SE always felt like I could just break it with my bare hands. The DiveRite on the other hand is a much hardier reg that breaths as well as my GT3 (of course, that's JMO).

I dont know anything about the RX650, but I've been diving a Sea Elite RX330 Regulator for the last year and I havn't had any complaints. I also dive a Sea Elite BC and both the regulator and BC seem very well built and take the normal amount of wear and tear well.

Granted, I can't speak on behalf of the RX650 as I've never used it. But I can tell you that my DiveRite octo breaths better than the SE I had, hands down. Not to mention the quality of construction and materials is MUCH better as well.

The SE always felt like I could just break it with my bare hands. The DiveRite on the other hand is a much hardier reg that breaths as well as my GT3 (of course, that's JMO).

just curious if this was on the same first stage for comparison?

I've got an old Sea Elite octo that I haven't used in 5-6 years... and I remember it breathing stiff also. But it also was on a low end first stage.

The reason I ask is even my Aqualung ABS octo breaths a little stiff, even on the Legend 1st stage.

Since I am a manager for Divers Supply ( in Atlanta, GA) and may have been referenced in a post here, and since it was stated that we (Divers Supply Staff) didn't respond (there are several Divers Supply employees and even their main store manager that are on Scubaboard. I find it odd that anytime someone asks about their "store brand" all you get is silence from them) I wanted to make sure that any question someone has about our products, concerns they might have, dissatisfaction with any of our products or staff, or anything else from the scuba board community is important to our company and I assure you if I am contacted via private message or via phone at my store 770-419-1976 I will personally do everything I can to assist you. Now, that being said, it is true that neither myself nor others of our staff troll this board looking for every reference to our products or our company, we value all our customers and we will go out of our way to provide the best products and services possible to all our customers regardless of how they find us. Please, feel free to make me (Jack Schmidt - Manager of Divers Supply Atlanta, GA.) your scuba board point of contact. Any pm's or e-mail will go directly to my phone 24 hours/day and I will do my best to help you in any way I can, I simply need to know what we can do to help.

To the original poster: The sea elite rx650 is a regulator manufactured overseas in a factory that many other manufacturers of scuba equipment use, that is distributed exclusively by Divers Supply online and in our stores. It is a regulator that exceeds the performance of many other nationally distributed regulators, and it is a regulator that has many similar features to other nationally manufactured regulators and a few features that are exclusively unique to the RX650. So without "Being a salesman" this regulator has all the features you could need or want, top performance, a warranty comparable to any other brand, and a price that beats any others you will find. Only you can decide for yourself if it meets your needs, but the quality and value cannot be beat at its price.

just curious if this was on the same first stage for comparison?

I've got an old Sea Elite octo that I haven't used in 5-6 years... and I remember it breathing stiff also. But it also was on a low end first stage.

The reason I ask is even my Aqualung ABS octo breaths a little stiff, even on the Legend 1st stage.

yeah, the DiveRite and the SE were both on the same first stage.

Back
Top Bottom