SE Wisconsin Dive Buddy Needed

Do Dive clubs actually exist for diving?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no more of a social club with occasional diving

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no and younger people seem uninterested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newbie100

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Not really newbie like user name applies, I AOW certified and about to get nitrox certified. Haven't been diving in a year but have allot of free time and would like to go diving allot. Have all my own gear including dry suit and full face mask. Willing to drive about a 70 mile radius from SE Wisconsin to go diving. Just looking for dive buddy nothing else. I have been to several clubs dive sites which are not up to date and they don't have much on their calendars. Clubs seem to be more for social aspect as opposed to diving. So anyone want to dive, let's talk contact me at dvolland@wi.rr.com Thanks David:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really newbie like user name applies, I AOW certified and about to get nitrox certified. Haven't been diving in a year but have allot of free time and would like to go diving allot. Have all my own gear including dry suit and full face mask. Willing to drive about a 70 mile radius from SE Wisconsin to go diving. Just looking for dive buddy nothing else. I have been to several clubs dive sites which are not up to date and they don't have much on their calendars. Clubs seem to be more for social aspect as opposed to diving. So anyone want to dive, let's talk contact me at dvolland@wi.rr.com Thanks David:D

Clubs are about meeting people who dive. The more divers you know, the more oppurtunity you will have. While a club may not have much on the calender at any given time, impromtu dives are common. Once your a member and a part of a clubs mailing list you'll see what I mean. For instance, the Deep Six went up to Red Granite Quarry yesterday. That dive wasn't one the schedule, but was put together via email list by some of it's members during the week. Today, I'm venturing out to the Niagara. I had an extra seat in the boat and offered it to the first member to respond. So, now instead of sitting in dry dock, one of the members gets to dive a ship wreck. Check it out.

I am searching for a dive buddy too. I am AOW and nitrox certified and going through the rescue diver course. I dive with a dive shop but they are usually busy with students and I really don't have a dive buddy per se. I was going to go today to Pearl Lake but decided not to for varoius reasons but also because I don't have a dive buddy. Message me if interested. I don't know how much I can go local again this year. I am going to Haigh quarry for rescue diver training in August and will probably want to go back there in Sept or Oct if I have a dive buddy.

We have a pretty active group of divers that are always looking for buddies. Give us a call or an email and we can let you know what is coming up.

Diver Dan's Scuba & Aquatic Center
3927-30th Ave
Kenosha, WI 53144
262-652-9399
diverdan.com
info@diverdan.com

SwimJim's Right Dave,
Our group rocks ! we have like 50 on email list, but seems like a core group dives like nuts others few times a year,and many dives are spur of the moment due to lake conditions and for saftey reasons,
web site is
Deep Six Scuba Dive Group Website
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom