SD-1 Military Tan Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was amazed with the Force Fin SD1 Military Tan Delta. So, I made a small photo reportage for show this surprising fin.

3464941495_186ff8e8be.jpg

:amazed:

3465754272_830de0c368.jpg

In these images we can see the fixation systems using adjustable straps with quick release buckles making it possible to install any kind of boots or drysuit rockboot on the fins.

3465755640_796f0ea9c2.jpg

Look the foot pocket with parachute cord

3464940329_a14c120c2d.jpg

The fin has an adjustable large velcro pad for any type of footwear

3465741602_38eb00fda8.jpg

3465752302_86a29e0544.jpg

Simple and effective

3465737108_19285e30bb.jpg

Once you adjust the straps, it is molded and ready for use, no need to re-regulate until you put another dive booties.

3464939079_509e19aced.jpg

The non-skid felt soles can also be replaced if needed.

Fins SD1 Military Force Fin Tan Delta are excellent, very strong and powerful and is very comfortable to do the frogkick type. Really is a fin for any purpose and for any use.
With Force Fin SD1 Military Tan Delta you can go to infinity and beyond!

Best regards
Saludos
Jose

JOSŽÉ;4372057:
I was amazed with the Force Fin SD1 Military Tan Delta. So, I made a small photo reportage for show this surprising fin.

3464941495_186ff8e8be.jpg

:amazed:

3465754272_830de0c368.jpg

In these images we can see the fixation systems using adjustable straps with quick release buckles making it possible to install any kind of boots or drysuit rockboot on the fins.

3465755640_796f0ea9c2.jpg

Look the foot pocket with parachute cord

3464940329_a14c120c2d.jpg

The fin has an adjustable large velcro pad for any type of footwear

3465741602_38eb00fda8.jpg

3465752302_86a29e0544.jpg

Simple and effective

3465737108_19285e30bb.jpg

Once you adjust the straps, it is molded and ready for use, no need to re-regulate until you put another dive booties.

3464939079_509e19aced.jpg

The non-skid felt soles can also be replaced if needed.

Fins SD1 Military Force Fin Tan Delta are excellent, very strong and powerful and is very comfortable to do the frogkick type. Really is a fin for any purpose and for any use.
With Force Fin SD1 Military Tan Delta you can go to infinity and beyond!

Best regards
Saludos
Jose

Jose I am very impressed with not only your photos, but your command of the english language - "Infinity and beyond" Thanks again for all your support!

$800.00 for fins! Are you kidding me? who's go that kind of money????

promocop,
Thanks for the post. The SD1-Military is sold through Force Fin's Online store for the general public for $499.95 It is an investment, but not $800.00 The SD1-Military Force Fin was originally made in Polyurethane material with similar rebound and snap to our PRO Force Fin. Bob is now making it only in SMOKE BLACK Tan Delta Material and the price has remained the same $499.95. We like what the customers are saying about their experience with the Fins and we found that the fin is for a certain type of diver 1. a diver migrating from a traditional Terrestris Fin they have been using most of their diving career - becuase they like the power and no worn out ankles or knees or 2. Big Dryusit divers looking for the versatility the SD1 foot pocket adjustments and power that the fins bring to their aquatic experience. I have had less than 10 dives with them, but I do know it is powerful Fin, with a balistic foot pocket with room to put any size boot in except small.
Bob is also putting a Force Fin Dive Bag in with all orders no charge which is pretty cool and if you work in the Armed Forces or Public Safety feel free to call us on any interest you might have in the Fins and we would like to talk to you, as we will support your efforts!

All customers who buy the SD1- Military from our online store receive free shipping in the US.- We will adjust any shipping!

Last edited:
Okay, I just got back from a week in Aruba. In the past dive trips, I have switched back and forth with my ScubaPro split fins so I could compare them. This trip, I relied on the SD-1 completely. The trip included drift diving, diving in a current, rough water boat entry, and some pretty lengthy swims.

Overall, I am very pleased with the fins.

Sculling and frog kicking work extremely well with these fins. Even flicking the fins by bending your ankles can produce effective positioning.

To move quickly through the water requires a little practice. If you want to move long distances/quickly, you need to pivot at the hip and not the knees.

Climbing a boat ladder in rough water means removing fins. That is not a simple feat. Kicking with these fins drives the fins tighter onto the boot. Pulling them off, therefore, requires some effort. In rough water, that can be quite an experience. I strongly recommend using fin keepers with these fins. With fin keepers, there is no concern about losing the fins when they are strongly tugged off the boot. (My only complaint about fin keepers is they are both the same. They should be mirror images of the other.)

The foot pocket comes from Force Fin very stiff. It took more than a dozen dives before it started softening up enough to feel comfortable. Two dozen dives later, they are still a bit stiff, but mostly broken in. I recommend readjusting them every three or four dives while they break in.

Despite this, these are great fins. I appreciate the control the fins provide as well as the ease of transporting them. They are the only fins I can easily back up with and position myself in the water with ease. Yes, these are expensive fins. I feel they are worth the cost. I expect them to last many years and many hundreds of dives. The cost of them over the life of them becomes very insignificant. The improved control on every dive is worth more than the pennies per dive of cost.

I had a great dive in West Palm Beach Florida today and showed off my SD-1's.
I made sure to spread the word on my great American made fins!

Bob
If i were to order a pair of these about 1 or 2 july is it possible to have these delivered in to me here in corvallis oregon by 24 july 2009 for my next class?
Thanks
Sam Chavez

Bob
I have a couple of questions about heel strap on these fins. I wanted to know if there is a way of having the bungie heel strap on these fins and how well it would work? I am curious about how easy these fins are to don and duff? I wanted to know what would one do if the buckles got damaged and how easy are they to replace? also what kind of "force" or acceleration can one expect with this fin? How long are these fins compared to a pair of force fin pro size XL.
Thanks
Sam Chavez

Sam Chavez,
Thank you for your post. Bob has asked me to anwser your questions as he is back in his lab working on new fin molds. The SD1 is really designed to use the Nylon heel strap. You can use a Bungie, but the foot pocket has to be modified and once it is modified it can not be changed back to nylon. We have changed a few pairs on request and the customers prefer the Nylon heel strap.

Don and doff is fairly easy. I prefer to have the foot pocket secured with Bridge buckles together- Slide my foot in and then attach the buckles for the heel strap. To Doff I release the heel strap buckle.

To date we have not had any reports of the buckles breaking. If you do need to replace the buckles you can send it in and we will have to take off the foot pocket and replace the buckles, but again we have not had any reports of buckles breaking out of the numerous SD1's out there.

The SD1 is a very powerful fin that works with power strokes. It is a power fin, not a burst of speed type of fin. The XL PRO Force Fin is 18" long and the SD1 is 22" Feel free to call me at 1.800.346.7946 so I can further assist you.

Back
Top Bottom