SD-1 Military Tan Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncleavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
So, Bob sent up a pair of the new Military Fin in Tan Delta and I was in the water within 20 mins of opening the box.
I start all tests with a backyard 100. That means, walk out the back hit 100ft and turn left. Meesier42 has done this dive a number of times himself.
I love the Basic military fin as it is But, when ever you take one of Bob's Fins and use the Tan Delta material it just seems to kick everything up a couple of notches.
The newest version is really responsive and has a much snappier kick than the older model. You can do any kick you like as well. This is my first cold water dive with this fin and have about 5-6 dives on my calender before tourist season ends and then I will do warm water trials in Bora Bora with the same fin.
I will keep you all informed of the progress but, I reccomend that you put in your order now because I am telling you, this is one sweet Fin!
From Alaska
Force Fin Tester#1
Avi
AVI_sd1tandelta1.jpg
South Pacific, Tahiti -from my recent trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob, promised to bring me a pair when he comes to town for the DC Dive show, I can't wait to try them. looks like I am going to have start hitting the quarries to get some diving in, as much as I hate them, I have to get underwater.

I will go take a picture of both fins and the new one is the Blue one and I will see if I can upload it soon.
I just used it today and let my client use the standard Military SD-1

The Basic Military Fin I have is an early model of that Fin.
I want to say it is 2-3 years old. Using the friction buckle is a lot like a helmet strap and it works fine. Right after the dive I had an EMS run and have been running around like a crazy man. Still it was a great day and we saw some big Nudibranchs. If you are looking at having one fin make the new one it. Or have many pair like I have.

Dittrimd, the d-ring straps that go over the top of the SD-1 foot pocket were made for the Navy, that's Avi's black pair. The snap bucklel makes a click sound and is on the blue tan delta fin Avi showed in his photo. The SD-1 fin can use both types of straps. The non-skid bottom can also be replaced if needed. Best Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info Bob. I have the snap buckles on my FT1 fins. I was not sure if that was just an early design step or if you had a choice of either type. BTW nice job on the blue Tan Delta. No wonder your fins are in art museums!!

Take care,

Mark D.

Very nice. Thanks for posting the pic!

Hopefully Bob gets that set of SD-1s sent off to Brian soon so I can try them out. Hoping to do a dive with Ron and Brian the weekend of Sept. 27/28.

Back
Top Bottom