2 Pairs of Hockey Force Fins in XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rand

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For sale are two pairs of Hockey Force Fins, both in size XL. One pair is black, the other is yellow. Both have the bungie heel straps installed and each includes a pair of comfort insteps. These are made with the most recent generation of Tan Delta material, which has extra snap to it. They perform extremely well and are very responsive in the water.

My price is $750, shipped continental US, for each pair. I am willing to ship internationally for additional cost. PayPal only.

My wife and I are the original owners of these fins and they served us well. They have been dry for the past two years as we have moved on to more technical diving and we tend to use our UTD fins or Jets now.

Each pair is signed by Bob Evans. The fins show the usual signs of scuffs, but no gouges, rips, or damage. The yellow fins do show some discoloration over the instep, but this is cosmetic and does not affect the performance of the fins. My wife had another pair of yellow Force Fins that also discolored over time, so I believe it is a function of the material, not a defect.

The yellow fins also have the number "7" faintly written in white paint on the back of the bungie heel strap. This will fade off in time, or you could likely cover it up with black marker or your own ID mark. The black fins have no ID marks on them.

The fins measure 18-1/8" long x 8-5/8" wide at the widest point. I loved them for photography because you could really maneuver in them without kicking stuff, especially in tight spaces. They get you going in a hurry and work well in current.

Please do not ask me if XXXX brand/size boots will fit these fins. I cannot answer specific brand size compatibility. Here is Force Fin's Size Chart. Using or removing the comfort instep does allow you to vary the size/thickness of the boots you use with these.

If you are looking to find these on Force Fin's site, you won't. They were part of a very limited production run in 2010/2011. Just a handful were produced and they are extremely rare. They were originally designed for use in the sport of underwater hockey, but they work great for normal diving too. You can read up on various threads about them, and the Tan Delta material to find out more about it. But, my understanding is Force Fin's Tan Delta material supplier is out of business, so it is unlikely they are ever going to make these again.

Last edited:
I was wondering who this was when I saw them. I have several pairs of force fins and love them. What made yoou chose to not use them in a tech setting?

I was wondering who this was when I saw them. I have several pairs of force fins and love them. What made yoou chose to not use them in a tech setting?

The lack of a thick sidewall makes the traditional method of back kicking very difficult, and I found I needed to do more of a scooping motion to achieve the desired effect. This takes me out of trim, and I found the whole process simplified by using Jets or UTD fins. Also, these are too small to fit my drysuit boots, and I find myself in a drysuit quite often now. Other than that, these are fantastic fins, and had I not had the need to maintain perfect trim or dive dry, I wouldn't be selling them. I'm still thinking I should hang onto them, if for no other reason than they will never be made again.

The Yellow Hockey Fins are SOLD.

The black fins are still available.

Last edited:
thanks for sharing. I've been trying to do back kicks with my force fin pros without any luck. any tips or did you ever make a video using them ? Im guessing you mean as you bring them UP they curve, where as a fin like the jet fin would not.

do you kick back that often?

I sometimes play with the regular force fins in the pool, no problem doing back kick although I'm sure it doesn't look "demo quality". I might have to video it and see how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for sharing. I've been trying to do back kicks with my force fin pros without any luck. any tips or did you ever make a video using them ? Im guessing you mean as you bring them UP they curve, where as a fin like the jet fin would not.

do you kick back that often?

I don't have any videos of me back kicking in the Hockey Fins. You can find tons of videos on the web showing proper back kick technique. Look for UTD or GUE videos. To back kick in Force Fins, you need to drop your knees slightly, turn your knees outward to each side, and then use the top of your foot/fin to scoop the water as you draw your knees forward. You tend to move into a more head up/diagonal position when you back kick like this. I prefer to stay horizontal.

I back kick all the time. I shoot photos and video, and back kicking is great for getting away from the reef or after poking your head in a hole somewhere after getting a shot. I also use it to get divers' and sometimes marine life's faces as they swim towards me. I constantly use it to maintain position in the water when team diving and working with students. It's an extremely useful kick to master.

Again, the yellow fins are sold.

I'm dropping the price on the black Hockey fins to $600 shipped continental US.

Ok, final price drop on the black Hockey Force Fins to $525, shipped continental US. I'm not dropping the price any further. If they don't sell, I'll just hang onto them.

I'm also listing them on Ebay for an elevated price to cover the Ebay and PayPal fees. Whichever sells first.

The yellow fins are sold.

The black Hockey Force fins are still available. $525 shipped.

Black fins are SOLD. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom