SD-1 Military Tan Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UNCLEAVI- Thanks for information on SCUBABOARD site OTB Boots. Two cool photos of the SD-1 in use. This fin is made for Boots since the other skin is tough. I tested the first models with the dive masters at Jean-Michael Cousteau Fiji resort. A five year test, every thing looked good except the dark- black material had faded to a lighter grey. Hope your home with the kid and Mom. Best Bob

I am home and Ling and the Baby are well. It is very sunny and am waiting for it to get above freezing so I can use my hose and rinse my gear. It is very sunny here and have all my Force Fins in a row ready to go.

After a small mix-up with UPS, I now have my SD-1 military. I am extremely happy with them.

I tried them on bare footed. They did not work too well as they slid sideways too easily. My size 10.5E feet were not big enough for them. I then slipped on my very thin, tropical, booties. That was all it took for the fins to fit perfectly comfortable. No slip or slide. They fit like a well made glove.

Tomorrow afternoon, I will dip them in the pool and see how they behave.

DHUSKINS, help,help, I hope my staff did not recommend the SD-1 to be used barefoot. That foot pocket is designed for a Military boot or a dive bootie. We will have another footpocket for use with barefeet that will be rolling out later in the year SD-2. We look forward to your comments. Thanks Bob

No, Bob. Your staff did not recommend it for bare feet, and I had no intention of diving with them in bare feet. However, after having to make a special trip to the UPS depot to pick them up last night, I was too thrilled with having them to take the time to get my booties out. I wanted to see them on me the moment I got them home.

I have tried them on with my tropical booties, my heavy wetsuit boots and my DUI drysuit boots. The fins fit great with all of them. The adjustment to switch between them is very simple and took almost no time. Pop two buckles and readjust the large velcro pad. Then connect the two buckles and tighten the straps. It went very easy. I was very impressed with the design. This afternoon, I will head down to the pool and give them a workout.

The bag is great too. I like the zippered inside pouch. Perhaps the next version of the bag you make could have a larger pocket inside that would be able to hold the comfort insteps when not in use. (I don't need it for the SD-1, but my wife thought of it for her Pros.)

You will love them!
I have used the the military fin in Belize, Alaska, Florida, Tahiti, Australia and the Great Lakes.
I can tell you that you made the right choice!
Fin Tester # 1

Bob and Blair,

Thank you so much for the fins. They have been wonderful. I took them to my LDS and worked with them in the pool. I have never has so much control over my position as I have had with the SD-1 Military. Sculling was a breeze. They were so comfortable, I hardly knew I had any fins on.

I am taking them with me to Turks and Caicos in less than a month and plan to give my wife the camera to take photos of them in action.

DHUSKINS, Thank you very much for your report. I worked four years on that blade design and it's good to know your also a happy camper. Please keep us posted.Best Bob

dhuskins
Enjoy your freedom , control and power with the SD1. We look forward to seeing the photos and hearing more about your Force Fin Experience! Have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom