SD-1 Military Tan Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dittrimd, your model has the straps sewn on, and they can not be replaced like the SD-1 Mil. model Avi has. Long day trimming several hundred fins today. A rum punch for sure tonight. Thanks and best regards. Bob

Dittrimd, I am jumping on a plane tonight. Rum Runners in Curacao sounds like the spot... but after last night I will need to recoup before the weekend.

After a very long flight to Force Fin HQ and on to French Polynesia I am happy to be back.
The SD-1 Military Tan Delta performed like a champ! I will put up some pictures up soon and if you can find me on facebook my brother in law put up a couple of small videos and pictures.
Also, If you get a chance, go to Bora Bora and dive yourself silly.
Avi Ratica
Force Fin Tester# 1
AVI_sd1tandelta1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really liking the look of these military tan-deltas: responsive, and looks adjustable enough to run with either a soft or hard-soled drysuit rockboot.

Are they available for purchase yet?

I am pretty sure they can be made now.
They are a really sweet fin and if you are in Vancouver come on up north and you can give them a try. I live about 90 miles north of Prince Rupert.
They do work well for a Drysuit or Wetsuit Boot. That is the great thing about the SD-1 system. Since I test Force Fins, I can pick or choose which ones I use but, if you are looking for one set then an SD-1 system is your best bet.
Avi

You can buy them here
SD-1 Military

they aren't cheap, but man they rock. you can wear them with any bootie, from a 3mm neoprene to a combat boot. a drysuit boot is no problem. just call Bob to make sure they are TanDelta, I am pretty sure that Bob said he is only going to make this fin in TanDelta material.

Meesier, thanks. Yes I am making the SD-1 Military from our smoke black Tan Delta material. I also decided to add our dive fin bag plus a Force Fin cap for the direct price of $499.95., plus shipping and handling. Each fin is dated and the persons name engraved. Having started the project back in 2001 for the U.S. Navy and special forces it's nice to see a following on this fin design. The concept of the fabric foot pocket was started back in the late 1980's. Making the first samples created some real up's and down's working with my wife's sewing machine with tough materials. I have a file on each customer who is using the SD-1 and so far so good. Best bob

tan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom