Scubapro vs HOG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, now that DRIS announced the Hog D3 you might find some D1s for cheap on eBay.

Or maybe not....

oh the D3 looks pretty badass. I was thinking about a D2 but might have to reconsider. I've also been going back in forth between wanting a mk17 or a hog.

talk to beaverdivers he is an SP dealer and often has good sales. I got a slightly used MK17 for lower than I see new HOGs sold online.
in fairness you better rebuild used regs which I did but turned out to be absolutely unnecessary.

oh the D3 looks pretty badass. I was thinking about a D2 but might have to reconsider. I've also been going back in forth between wanting a mk17 or a hog.

talk to beaverdivers he is an SP dealer and often has good sales. I got a slightly used MK17 for lower than I see new HOGs sold online.
in fairness you better rebuild used regs which I did but turned out to be absolutely unnecessary.

Has anyone confirmed how the Beave is able to offer such great deals to his customers with SP's pricing policies? Does he just take every reg out of the box spritz some water on it and cal it used? According to SP's warranty policy the reg parts for life warranty is only valid for the original owner so a "used" reg would not qualify.

Has anyone confirmed how the Beave is able to offer such great deals to his customers with SP's pricing policies? Does he just take every reg out of the box spritz some water on it and cal it used? According to SP's warranty policy the reg parts for life warranty is only valid for the original owner so a "used" reg would not qualify.

I don't see why this matters. Neither a used SP or a new Hog has parts for life. In order to get parts for life on a new SP you need to purchase a complete gear set including a computer (and maybe a bag) which is ridiculous.

If the Beav is selling trial regulators or returns as used then what it the problem? He cannot sell them as new.

If it passes inspection and has good IP lockup, why bother rebuilding?

why would it matter? I guess platinum status does give some advantage.

Anyways SP regs by themselves do not have parts for life anymore. So whether its new or used in good shape does not matter much.

I don't see why this matters. Neither a used SP or a new Hog has parts for life. In order to get parts for life on a new SP you need to purchase a complete gear set including a computer (and maybe a bag) which is ridiculous.

If the Beav is selling trial regulators or returns as used then what it the problem? He cannot sell them as new.

why would it matter? I guess platinum status does give some advantage.

Anyways SP regs by themselves do not have parts for life anymore. So whether its new or used in good shape does not matter much.

Sorry I forgot about the SP no parts for life unless you purchase a BC and DC along with the reg. As to the deals he offers it just seams funny that almost everyone that posts they purchased a SP reg from Beaver Divers says something like "I got a great deal on a slightly used reg" , I guess I was just curious that's all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom