Scubapro Versus Atomic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha... that's a good one... @buddhasummer, when u say offers nothing over your apeks, may I know more specifically??? In term of performance?? Because i've heard alot and lots of good review on the B2, that's why I bought it. I was actually looking into the aqualung mikron and atomic.

Scubapro was priced much more over the same thing as atomic. So, I skipped it.

They are both good setups. I have a Atomic B2 setup as my primary and a Scubapro Mk25/A600 on my pony and a Apeks for my 2nd reg on Hvalve. . I prefer the Atomics because of the swivel on the reg. Also the recommended service interval for Atomic is 2 years. Both are great regs though.

You will likely not be able to tell the difference between any of them if equally tuned in a blind test. There maybe subtle differences but performance wise the same I believe. You will not go wrong with any of them. Although the Z2 was a little different than the Apeks it breathed no better, I can say the same of my SP also, all very good regs. I owned an older Mikron, a Micra Adj and it was a very nice breather but the bubble interference from the small exhaust T sometimes bothered me.

They are both good setups. I have a Atomic B2 setup as my primary and a Scubapro Mk25/A600 on my pony and a Apeks for my 2nd reg on Hvalve. . I prefer the Atomics because of the swivel on the reg. Also the recommended service interval for Atomic is 2 years. Both are great regs though.
Thanks.... it makes me feel much better. Have you experience the squeal that they mentioned??

Recommended service interval is almost meaningless, it seems of late most manufacturers have changed from 1 year to two although the regs themselves haven't changed, curious.

You will likely not be able to tell the difference between any of them if equally tuned in a blind test. There maybe subtle differences but performance wise the same I believe. You will not go wrong with any of them. Although the Z2 was a little different than the Apeks it breathed no better, I can say the same of my SP also, all very good regs. I owned an older Mikron, a Micra Adj and it was a very nice breather but the bubble interference from the small exhaust T sometimes bothered me.
The bubble was part of the reason i choose Atomic over the mikron. In the first place, I was interested with Mikron because of the light weight and the small 1st stage. Esspecially when I am using a Diverite Travelpac Bc. Which is a wing.

Sooner i read alot about the bubble interference... so, i got the B2 instead.

---------- Post added October 21st, 2015 at 02:19 PM ----------

Recommended service interval is almost meaningless, it seems of late most manufacturers have changed from 1 year to two although the regs themselves haven't changed, curious.
Maybe it's due to the lubrication. Lubrication doesn't last forever. And Atomic mannual specified crystolube...

The bubble was part of the reason i choose Atomic over the mikron. In the first place, I was interested with Mikron because of the light weight and the small 1st stage. Esspecially when I am using a Diverite Travelpac Bc. Which is a wing.

Sooner i read alot about the bubble interference... so, i got the B2 instead.

---------- Post added October 21st, 2015 at 02:19 PM ----------

Maybe it's due to the lubrication. Lubrication doesn't last forever. And Atomic mannual specified crystolube...

That's not the reason. Crystolube is used I beleive in Atomics to "seal" them. When I service my regs I use standard camera O ring silicone grease, one of my reg sets has not been looked at in almost 5 years, it is in regular use. Service intervals I guess are a whole other thread. The word arbitrary springs to mind. You've got a very very nice high performing reg, enjoy it.

That's not the reason. Crystolube is used I beleive in Atomics to "seal" them. When I service my regs I use standard camera O ring silicone grease, one of my reg sets has not been looked at in almost 5 years, it is in regular use. Service intervals I guess are a whole other thread. The word arbitrary springs to mind. You've got a very very nice high performing reg, enjoy it.
Haha... thanks. Hope i won't shatter the aquarium on my next aquarium dive.

Wait, did you say you use silicone grease instead of crystolube in the environmental chamber for sealing Atomic?? how did it work out? I was thinking doing the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom