Scubapro Versus Atomic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have nothing to add to the thread (sorry)... other than to say Wookie you scare me :D, a piggy is good for bacon but not sure about trying to make it.... :confused:

Go watch the movie Deliverance again.

FWIW-I currently own SP & AA regs...the AA is fairly new to me but have owned/used SP (I bought my own gear at my initial OW cert. >15 years ago) & can find no real fault with them. I put my G250 on my Z2 as an octo & tried to compare them on a dive. While it's probably NOT a scientific test (same AA 1st & I knew which 2nd I was using) there wasn't much difference between the two. The AA SEEMED ("self fullfilling prophecy" ???) to be slightly easier to breath, but the difference was so slight I wonder if it was real.
That said, I concur that having your LDS take another look at your current reg is a great idea. If it was serviced properly it shouldn't breath "funny." If-& I understand if this is the case-you just want a new reg, either SP or AA will provide you with a great reg that should last for years. I'd repurpose your 2nd as an octo as previously mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom