[ScubaPro] Uwatec IrDA and Windows 10 - NOT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well! Microsoft just installed Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 without so much as a notification. Rude! :dramaqueen:

You have to make some changes in the [Advanced] section of [Windows Update] to (semi)control this.
It IS a preview, and you have agreed to be a beta tester by downloading it. There is a lot to be aware of with any new OS, and especially any new beta.

Having said that 14295 will probably be better than the previous build. Each build is incrementally changed from the prior build. I figure when they roll this out this summer the NEXT update might finally be somewhat ready for regular use.

FWIW, I returned my laptop to 8.1, thank goodness for image backups. I'm going on a trip next month, want the IrDa to work, and do NOT want to put a beta on there.

Reactions: Jax
I highly recommend dual boot.

Just not bothering to go to Win10 is quite viable. Win7 is great, and Win8.1 is fine once you replace the awful GUI with [Classic Shell].

Linux or OSX is fine too if we want to discuss non duel boot alternatives. MS was stupid to remove the protocol in this version of windows 10.

Windows 10 continues to play well with IrDA in the 14295 build, so take heart they will issue the update.

seems IRDA is restored under Windows 10.
I updated 3 Windows 10 laptops to version 1511 10586.218 (available since a couple of weeks) and my Sigmatel (Belkin) dongle is detected.

Unfortunately, this supplier is out of business and the drivers will not be updated, so, it won't start.
EDIT : look also at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3150989

Not a big deal for me, i don't have IRDA devices anymore.

Scubapro users, please update, check and report, for the Communauty

Reactions: Jax
I have Smarttrak with a UWATEC Aladin 2G. Upgraded to version 1511 and followed direction in link posted above. Smarttrak and IRdA dongle (silver bullet with red end) now work.
When the directions say [At the command prompt, type the following commands, and then press Enter after each command:]
for this string [netcfg –u ms_irdanetcfg –c p –I ms_irda] I used the whole thing at once.
No problems encountered. Hmm, may try upgrading my laptop again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom