[ScubaPro] Uwatec IrDA and Windows 10 - NOT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meh. I dual-boot, so I'll just boot to 8.1 to download until Microsoft issues 11###.

Meh. I dual-boot, so I'll just boot to 8.1 to download until Microsoft issues 11###.

Yeah. My laplet isn't dual-boot, it's samsungified 8. It was working, too, but then 8.1 update broke it. Between samsung and microsoft I really don't want to spend another minute on it.

A working VM image, OTOH, I can dump on a USB stick and use it anywhere that has a compatible hypervisor. Plus I need something to keep me awake at the meetings. This might do it for an hour or three.

And if it doesn't work I might buy a Pi and see if I can get running on raspbian: that'd be easy enough to take on diving trips to Caribbean.

Reactions: Jax
Just a (not very useful) ping in case anyone finds this thread: before mucking around with a VM I installed a bunch of updates incl. a few laptop vendor's updates, incl. USB drivers. And now my Lose'8.1 sees the computer again so I'm not going any further with this. Unless/until it breaks again. So no success or failure report for now.

Just a (not very useful) ping in case anyone finds this thread: before mucking around with a VM I installed a bunch of updates incl. a few laptop vendor's updates, incl. USB drivers. And now my Lose'8.1 sees the computer again so I'm not going any further with this. Unless/until it breaks again. So no success or failure report for now.
Rather than go along the VM route I chose to sign up for the Insider View. Because all I wanted was to use the infrared and do not mess too much with other applications. The Insider update took a little while to do but not only is my laptop working okay my infrared dongle (Polar) is now working correctly and I can once again link my Sol to update my logbook. Now all I need is to write up the new 149 dives!!!

Enough so that Microsoft is bowing to pressure and putting it in the 11### version.

Ugh, don't get your hopes up just yet; a friend of mine has newly confirmation that the summer update will not include support for usb irda. :(

Ugh, don't get your hopes up just yet; a friend of mine has newly confirmation that the summer update will not include support for usb irda. :(

I have personally downloaded and installed the 11099 version and it supports the USB IrDA perfectly. I have downloaded and adjusted settings on my Sol through the SmartTRAK.

I have personally downloaded and installed the 11099 version and it supports the USB IrDA perfectly. I have downloaded and adjusted settings on my Sol through the SmartTRAK.
Excellent first hand update.

I downloaded that update as well. IrDA worked, but I had lots of stability problems with the OS its-self. I had to format the system and start over after a few days of having constant problems. If the problems I experienced are more widespread than a handful of users, Microsoft may be rethinking what they will include in that Summer release.

Obviously it's got to be hardware specific since it doesn't sound like Jax is having a problem.

I downloaded that update as well. IrDA worked, but I had lots of stability problems with the OS its-self. I had to format the system and start over after a few days of having constant problems. If the problems I experienced are more widespread than a handful of users, Microsoft may be rethinking what they will include in that Summer release.

Obviously it's got to be hardware specific since it doesn't sound like Jax is having a problem.
I already had Win10 installed and installed Preview Release 11099 over it.

Well! Microsoft just installed Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 without so much as a notification. Rude! :dramaqueen:

Back
Top Bottom