ScubaPro Seawing Nova foot pocket tight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sorry I posted this in another thread, but thought I should give it its own. I picked up a pair of the SP Seawing Novas tonight. I initially wanted to get the newer style buckles for my Mares, but ended up with the Seawings. Only concern for me is the foot pocket. With my 5mm Deep See Manta booties, it feels a bit tight coming down onto the top of my feet, along the bone coming back from the big toe. Anyone else find this? Only difference I can see is that the foot pocket material is a little softer on the Mares than the Seawings. Not sure if it's just something to get used to. I would consider getting booties with less rubber on them. I was given these a long time ago so I guess I don't need so much shoe.

Thanks for any insight.

I don't know if it would work or not, but you might try putting something that is large enough to stretch the pocket out a little. I don't know if they are rubber or plastic. It might be worth a try. I figure I have a 50/50 chance at being a genius or an idiot on this one.

Hah. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see how it works out in the water. Hard to tell just standing around my apartment.

I have had that issue... I've not been able to completely get rid of it either... I thought the foot pocket would soften up a bit as I used them, but apparently I haven't used them enough yet. When that happens I just take the fin off, move the foot around a litle bit which usually fills the boot up with water again, and then I just put the fin back on. It usually takes care of the issue for the rest of my dive.

One other thought I've had about the issue is: it may not be the foot pocket of the fin, but rather the 5mm of boot... (I too wear the 5mm Deep See) when your foot is flexed in the swimming position (toes pointed) the neoprene of the boot is rather constricting in itself... especially over the top of the foot. That coupled with the rigid foot pocket of the Seawing might actually be the problem.

Last edited:
I've had that problem too and I only use a 3mm boot.

I just bought a pair and it's making my left foot tingle after 30 minutes of wear. My boot doesn't even fill up the entire pocket. Debating whether I should size up or just get a different fin.

what size shoe do you wear? what size fin is it? you may just have the wrong sized fin.Can be as simple as that .Take it back to the LDS that you purchased it from with your boots to insure proper fit and comfort..

I'm typically in between 6.5-7. I was fitted with a Small sized fin at the dive shop but will exchange it for a Medium.

I'm typically in between 6.5-7. I was fitted with a Small sized fin at the dive shop but will exchange it for a Medium.
LDS should have sold you medium..large if you plan on going onto dry suit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom