ScubaPro regulators questions D300 and a 109, not so vintage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I started buying older SP stages on ebay I found this timeline useful. Might be interesting to you...

SCUBAPRO -

The 109 has the adjustment knob allowing the diver to set the inhalation effort during use. The 108 does not have this feature.

Sorry, can't help with the serial numbers. Looking on the timeline it seems there are two versions of the 108, a fixed oriface earlier version and the later 108 with an adjustable oriface. Might help you narrow down the dates if you know which you have.

Last edited:
What is the serial number?

Terry is away chasing women, or at least that is what Rex is telling me, These days, Rex is the main man at Airtech. And I agree, all a nice bunch of guys and professional service.

good to know old buddy, I saw him last time I was in there, but that is obviously once in a blue moon when I actually get in there...

Get Harlow's book and read it. It will answer a bunch of questions that you have yet to think of. The Mk10 is fairly simple. The 109 is as easy as they get. Save the D-300 for later.

I haven't started a 1st stage yet. Is there a preferred brand or type?
A lot of DIYers use one of the oxygen safe lubes like Christolube, they are fine but fairly expensive. If you are rebuilding regs for oxygen use then they are a must but for 36 or less nitrox (or air) food grade silicone is fine. The standard for many years was Dow Corning 111 and what many of us still use. It works well in dive gear and is relatively inexpensive

Back
Top Bottom