ScubaPro regulators questions D300 and a 109, not so vintage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ms.Miya5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I have a dilemma. I have a D300 that my LDS refuses to touch call it junk and a 109 that would not touch because felt the screws on the retaining ring were stripped. I was able to remove the screws and will replace with SS ones. I can get parts for this reg and thanks to this board I know what need to be do to make it work and last. Are there any documents out there to help with the 109? I found a exploded diagram but that's it.
Can I find out the age of my 109 with the serial number? Mine is in great shape.
Now for the D300 Is there any info out there for this reg? I found the diagram for the D400. Also how do you remove the rubber outer cover? I looks like it just pulls off? I this I can get a service kit for it, is there anything else I should look for it?
I plan on using these two reg's with a MK10 that I just had serviced. The LDS charged me 130 to service the mk10 and evaluate 2 consoles to see if the are accurate. I plan on never returning to that LDS again. very rude.
Thank for any help you all can offer.

Miya

you need a new LDS... If you're in the US, Air Tech Scuba in Raleigh has regs shipped in all the time for service and specialize in scubapro. Some of the vintage guys should be able to get you specifics on the second stages

you need a new LDS... If you're in the US, Air Tech Scuba in Raleigh has regs shipped in all the time for service and specialize in scubapro. Some of the vintage guys should be able to get you specifics on the second stages

Do you have a link or address for this ?

Miya,
You can check "vintage doublehose" It's a site dedicated to doublehose diving, but also has a wealth of information on the Scubapro single hose regulators. Manuals and diagrams for the 109 along with the popett changes etc. Has a store for parts too. I still dive my 109 and love it.

thanks for the reply's. I printed out the 109 info and the D400. Any help with the serial number question? Also anything on the D300? I know that the service parts for the D350 and D400 will work. I just cant find info on the D300. It is a little different than the D400.
Any recommendations on which should be my primary reg? D300 or 109?

Any recommendations on which should be my primary reg? D300 or 109?

seeing the 109/156 can be temporarily detuned via the knob, I'd dive the D300 as a primary. If diving cold water, the 109/156 would be my choice, and I'd secure another, shelving the D300.

I own many 109/156, as well as all of the D-series (300, 350, 400). Very good regulators.

I have a 109, 108 reg coming in the mail today and they aren't sure what it is. it looks like a 109/108. it looks like parts will always be easier for the 109 compared to the D-series. Especially since the 109 can be updated to the 250 service parts.
Again thanks for the reply's

kits for the D-series are not that scarce.. but with the 109/156 or the 108, there are significantly more options.....

kits for the D-series are not that scarce.. but with the 109/156 or the 108, there are significantly more options.....

Problem is a lot of LDS wont touch the D-series and there is little info on disassembly. An exploded diagram tell very little on this. For example the rubber boot, how does it come off without damage?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom