Are Converted Scubapro 109's a weak link?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justin Phillips

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have been diving a Scubapro Mk10 with two Scubapro 109's with the white G poppet in them. My 109s are super nice with my main one looking like it was never dove at all. Through this board I was able to purchase a Mk25 at a great price and got it all serviced. The equipment tech is insistent the 109s have to go and that I will get 0 benefit of using a MK25 with them. He has said its time to move to G260's or S600's but I love my all metal 109s. It is really a weak link in my setup if my 109's are using the G series poppet? I do lake diving and am turning my focus more and more to wrecks. I get my 109s off ebay from a guy that cleans them up and rebuilds them and they look new. Is work is amazing. So I like my 109's what am I going to get from moving to G260's or S600's? I do plan to move into twin tank deco diving in the fall and tart the dive season off there next year. I am in the midwest and and focusing on wreck dives. I know there are a lot of Scubapro equipment guys on here so would love to hear the pro's and cons. I picked the 109's so I can have an extra sitting in my save a dive box and fix them myself anywhere in the world.

I was at a dive shop the other day pretending I knew nothing about regs, boy was he talking a whole bunch of sh.t.
LOL I have never been blown away by this guy. He also has an issue because my mk25 has a MK10 yoke on it and I did not want to pay to change it.

LOL I have never been blown away by this guy. He also has an issue because my mk25 has a MK10 yoke on it and I did not want to pay to change it.
Find a new shop or learn how to DIY. I can supply literature if DIY is of any interest.

Feel free to DM me.

LOL, those 109 second stages are fine, I have taken them below recreational depths many times. Spend the money on diving, not dive gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom