scubapro price drop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raviepoo

Contributor
Reaction score
in exile in the Pennsyltucky Archipellago
# of dives
500 - 999
I found out last night that Scubapro has dropped the MSRP of it's regs by 20%. Yes that's right boys and girls. A $400 Scubapro reg will now cost $320. A $600 reg will now cost $480. A $900 reg will now cost $720.

I'm not sure if the price drop is consistent for all regs but one thing is for sure: 2003 looks like a good year for people who want a Scubapro reg.

No, I don't work for or own a LDS and I'm not selling anything.

If what you say is true, this intrigues me. What possible reason could scubapro have for doing this? Lack of sales? Complaints? Cheaper materials (hope to god not)? Struggling economy? I may have to contact the scubapro sales rep to see whats up.

bengiddins wrote...
Loss of sales to cheaper online sources? Why buy Scubapro when you can get an Apeks (for example) dirt cheap online?
Exactly what I did...and let the local SP dealers know why, too.

Actually the price drop is closer to 22%. SP wants to be more competative with gray market sales (liesurepro and the like). This way, you can have your cake and warranty too!:boom:

is this price drop international or only limited to scubapro USA??

hrumfff....
i was hoping scubapro OZ would also drop prices...
oh well back to work then for me....

Here are some regulator prices out of my 2003 scubapro catalog i picked up at the dive shop the other day

2003 prices below........ 2002 prices below

MK25/S600 $522.......... $670
MK25/S550 $433.......... $520
MK25/G250HP $477...... $550
MK16/R380 $311.......... $378

That should give you an idea of how much scubapro has dropped their prices on regs.All i can say is way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom