Scubapro online sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it's not like this is really an inconvenience since you will probably get home sooner going through Dallas with a long layover. Going through Chicago really bites. If it sprinkles they shut that place down :wink:

hoosier:
Even, I scheduled my flight route to transit the connection at Dallas airport instead of Chicago this holiday.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
You Oregon guys sure do throw around a lot of thinly veiled accusations regarding people getting screwed by Internet sales, Internet vendors being liars, etc.
Hey now, don't be lumping us all in the same pile. Just because ONE Oregonian states an opinion, doesn't mean we ALL have the same opinion. Gross generalizations like that will only weaken any point you might try to make.

I just bought a Bare wetsuit from scubatoys. The first try didn't fit. I called them and they sent me another suit to try on, no charge to my credit card, no charge to ship the second one. Trusted me to send the first suit back to the at the same time. The whole transaction happened quickly and I am very satisfied.

So there....

Now that's customer service!!!

Funny, but most Oregonians are from California. Whatever......

This letter specifically addresses Leisure Pro, New York but covers any internet sales.

Thank you for considering SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment.

Please be aware that Leisure Pro, New York is not, nor has ever been, an authorized SCUBAPRO UWATEC dealer.

Leisure Pro obtains our products through “gray-market” sources and not from our factory. We have no way of assuring the ultimate consumer that any item purchased via this source has not been tampered with or modified. Nor can we assume that our product has been properly tested and inspected. As such, SCUBAPRO UWATEC does not extend any warranties on its products purchased from Leisure Pro or any other "unauthorized” dealer.

SCUBAPRO UWATEC USA does not authorize sales via the internet nor via mail order. We maintain a minimum pricing policy that our authorized dealers adhere to. Although some of our dealers advertise our equipment, once again they are not authorized to make direct sales through the internet, but rather, authorized dealers are only authorized to sell SCUBAPRO UWATEC USA equipment over the counter at their retail location.

All online companies that sell and make direct purchases of our product, like LeisurePro are not an authorized SCUBAPRO UWATEC dealer and SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment obtained through channels other than SCUBAPRO UWATEC Authorized Dealers does not carry the SCUBAPRO UWATEC Limited Lifetime/Limited Warranty. If you so choose to purchase SCUBAPRO UWATEC products online, the warranty will be voided.

If you still decide to purchased SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment from anywhere other than an Authorized SCUBAPRO UWATEC Dealership, we recommend that it be inspected by an Authorized SCUBAPRO UWATEC Repair Center to be sure that it is operating and performing to SCUBAPRO UWATEC specifications

LeisurePro may offer their own warranty on the equipment that you are considering, however, LeisurePro, like many other online companies that sell our product, has not been trained by SCUBAPRO UWATEC nor is certified to perform maintenance on SCUBAPRO UWATEC or UWATEC equipment.

You can find an authorized dealer in your area at http://www.scubapro.com/dealers/usdealerlocator/usdealerlocator.asp?group=SCUBAPRO&NewSearch=1

Please feel free to contact us should you have further queries regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Patty Savinski

SCUBAPRO

Product Registration

Like I said, I'm not making any statement for or against ANYTHING. I am only seeking to understand and clarify the issue of warranty.

Not true Al, I do understand (finally). That is really all that matters and all I can really hope for.

Is it truely understanding or the illusion of understanding? :wink:

Oh I'd invite you to the checkout dives this weekend but you have something disgusting planned right?

I'm at the shop, on vicodin, nursing a sore back. This getting old thing just hasn't worked out as well as I hoped it would :)

dherbman:
Like I said, I'm not making any statement for or against ANYTHING. I am only seeking to understand and clarify the issue of warranty.

I do see the disconnect between this letter and related statements on the SP website. The source of my (our) confusion is fairly clear. I'm not sure what the source of SP's confusion is. If I have time, I will contact them about the ST sale and see what they say.

dherbman:
Funny, but most Oregonians are from California. Whatever......

As far as the long letter from a Scubapro person that was posted, there is no assurance that merchandise sold by a manufacturer to an authorized dealer won't be tampered with or otherwise not exactly as the manufacturer intended. Many strange and interesting things can happen during shipping. A concientious dealer might bench-test the gear, but that still is not 100%.

When I first learned to dive, I had another issue; the dive shop owner pushed the Scubapro/Bailey Suit merchandise, so he "modified" other brands of equipment he sold and then, after showing the clear superiority of his chosen brand, refused to honor the warranties of the other brands of equipment he sold. That is GTTD, Guaranteed To The Door.

Just for the record, I am a Quality Assurance professional, specialing in pharmaceuticals. Transportation-damaged merchandise happens more often than one might expect.

Perhaps I should change my handle to "Garydrugdealer"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom