Scubapro online sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dherbman:
I'm also wrong......

Larry DOES offer a "Factory Warrantee" for SP gear bought online. It is against SP policy, but if it came to court, they would have to honor the warantee.

EXCEPT....... how he gets around the policy SP has regarding online sales.

My understanding is that he is not getting "around" the SP policy regarding internet sales. I believe there policy is that if an authorized dealer participates in such sales, SP will no longer supply him. In this case, it sounds like Larry let them know he wasn't interested in any more of there product. I wonder if SP asked to buy back his remaining stock?

Many shops that decide to terminate their SP dealership make one last big order which they can then sell to Leisurepro to recover their initial cost of obtaining the SP dealership. Somehow, I suspect Larry didn't do that.

Al Mialkovsky:
Larry my business is the students I train. I have already seen many of them make internet purchases and get screwed in the process.

You left out the "from LeisurePro"...I kind of doubt any of your students has been screwed by ScubaToys.

You Oregon guys sure do throw around a lot of thinly veiled accusations regarding people getting screwed by Internet sales, Internet vendors being liars, etc. It sure seems like you have a dog in this fight, Al...do you have some interest in people buying from an LDS? You seem to take it pretty personally...

Seriously, do some of the things Oregonians do to relax like go log a forest or come down here and drive badly...you'll feel better :wink:

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:

Seriously, do some of the things Oregonians do to relax like go log a forest or come down here and drive badly...you'll feel better :wink:

If by driving badly you mean waving people ahead and giving up the right of way I did try that down there a few times and it really didn't work out well for me. But what do you expect in the road rage national captial anway.

Hey why not come up here and pay way too much for my house? I know that's what you guys like to do :wink:

Boy, I hate to interrupt the CA vs. OR thing (I'm enjoying that), but...

Do y'all (FL, eh?) think there may be some extra economic advantage to ScubaPro, et. al., by supporting the gray-market. They get their sales and they don't have the expense of follow on support from the manufacturer (parts kits, upgrades, recalls, etc.) which they do through their authorized outlets. It's that much more incentive to not crack down on the gray-market.

(BTW, good for you, Larry! Now, do you think that maybe when you've sold out the existing SP stock you can sign a new dealer agreement with them, get more stock, then blow them off again? It could be profitable for you and for them, and a good deal for us consumers.)

O.K. Boys lets keep it civil.

A few of you have crossed the line and this thread is begging to be sent down the chute of oblivion. Don't make me do it.

Also a couple of you are just asking for a time out. I would prefer not to have to excercise my moderators muscles, so I hope this warning is taken to heart.

DivesWithTurtle:
Boy, I hate to interrupt the CA vs. OR thing (I'm enjoying that), but...

Do y'all (FL, eh?) think there may be some extra economic advantage to ScubaPro, et. al., by supporting the gray-market. They get their sales and they don't have the expense of follow on support from the manufacturer (parts kits, upgrades, recalls, etc.) which they do through their authorized outlets. It's that much more incentive to not crack down on the gray-market.

(BTW, good for you, Larry! Now, do you think that maybe when you've sold out the existing SP stock you can sign a new dealer agreement with them, get more stock, then blow them off again? It could be profitable for you and for them, and a good deal for us consumers.)

Why is it that some of these disgustings continually re-invent the wheel? This matter of where and how some merchants obtain their goods has been typed almost to death on this Board.

Enuf, already!

garyfotodiver:
Why is it that some of these disgustings continually re-invent the wheel? This matter of where and how some merchants obtain their goods has been typed almost to death on this Board.

Enuf, already!

Sounded like a fair enough question to me. Why the big attitude? Did reading DivesWithTurtle's post take up some of your valuable time that you might have otherwise used to cure cancer or solve world hunger?

In answer to your question DivesWithTurtle, I think you hit on the exact problem. For all their sanctimonious anouncements, Scubapro makes a lot of money from the gray market, and Larry's point bears it out very well. The other companies that are against internet sales, like Aqualung and Atomic, have done a decent job of keeping their gear off the 'net. That tells me it can be done, if the company in question really wants to do it. I'd be interested to know just how much, percentage wise, Scubapro makes from gear sold through resellers that aren't "official" dealers.

___

ScottZeagle:
Michael, I agree with you 110%.

Scott

I also agree with both Scott and Michael. I also agree with Larry even though he cares less about what we say. The bottom line is he is succesful due to is knowledge, honesty and customer service. He is also smart in that he trys to build good relations with his suppliers. By doing so it helps him in supporting his customers.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom