Scubapro, OMS, Halcyon, Apollo masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ncsuScUbA

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the OMS ICU 2-Window, Scubapro Micro Frame, Scubapro Frameless, Apollo Bio Frameless, or Halcyon Mask? If so, how do they compare? I currently have a Scubapro Fino. Its pretty nice but I really want something with a black skirt. Just ordered some Jetfins so I want to get a mask that they will get along with. :)

Fit is what makes the difference. Color coordination and accessorizing is secondary. It will have to be what works for you.
Good Hunting.
Larry

Have a very different feel. Make sure you want to look at things that way before you switch. That said, I use black masks. All of the frameless masks tend to be real comfortable because the skirt is deep. They also have somewhat higher volume than two window masks.

I tried the ScubaPro Frameless mask...liked it so much I bought two of them.

Very comfortable, low volume, easy to clear, good mask.

I have an Apollo and I think it's great - because it fits so well. When I compared it to the scubapro I noticed that it is a tad wider, which seems to make a better fit for me. Other than that I think the 2 are so similar in function it doesn't really matter which one you choose. Try them on, you'll know which is best for you.

Joe

PS The Apollo was also recently on sale at leisurepro for $30!!! I picked up an extra, that made me very happy it fit so well!

I've tried a bunch of different masks over the last few years. The SP Frameless is my favorite so far. It fits me well and I get less of the tunnel effect then most of the others I've tried.

The 2 runner ups are:

Cressi Big Eye - great vision, but I tend to get a slight leakage
Dacor Bandit - again great vision, but it sure does look goofy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom