Gap between Silicone Skirt and the Glass of a New Scubapro Frameless Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stewartlife

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, I just bought a Scubapro Trinidad 3 mask online. It’s a frameless mask, and I never had frameless mask before, so I have nothing to compare.

It just arrived and I noticed that on the outside (front side), some parts (mostly on the top parts) of the silicone that is attached to the glass has some small gap. While most of other parts do not have that kind of gap.

Is this normal? Or is this something that I have to worry that it’s gonna leak?

Attachments

• E4247043-80B0-4344-B4C4-3283E2A0E693.jpeg
    E4247043-80B0-4344-B4C4-3283E2A0E693.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 74
P
....that it’s gonna leak?
Possibly,,,but that construction of mask is more for snorkeling. Most Scuba masks (not all) have an outter hard retaining ring that snaps into place to seal the edges. Go diving with it, but bring your old mask as a backup just incase.

P

Possibly,,,but that construction of mask is more for snorkeling. Most Scuba masks (not all) have an outter hard retaining ring that snaps into place to seal the edges. Go diving with it, but bring your old mask as a backup just incase.
There are many frameless masks designed for scuba. A quick check of Scuba.com turned up 42 frameless masks from a variety of vendors ranging from Atomic to Zeagle - all are advertised as scuba masks. As is the Scuba Pro Trinidad 3 that the OP has. There are plenty of frameless masks among the top selling masks.

YMMV,

Jackie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom