Scubapro older G250 vs new G250V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 of my 250's have the long VIVA. Didn't know they were rare.

No. The 2 Graphites have the tiny one, and the last one I got from you is the medium size. The larger one is on my 250V, and one of my other standard 250's that I've had for quite awhile. They are all great. However, but I will keep my eye out for the larger VIVA ones from now on...lol.

I just bought two very rough G250s only because they had the long handle flow vanes🤦‍♂️

17D685C4-4BF8-4888-91D7-054139E94B2A.jpeg

I have replaced the older style circlip held VIVA vanes with newer snap-in ones on older G250s, and it did work. I believe that the G250V air barrel can be retrofitted into an older G250 or even G200B, but maybe you need the newer jam nut. If I could find a G250V air barrel at a reasonable price (which is to say forget it, lol) I'd be happy to try it on one of my G200Bs. I might even still have a spare adjusting knob.

Yes, I too have successfully used the snap in G250HP flow vanes in a G250, it takes some effort to get them in though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom