Scubapro MK18 2nd stage options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magste

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a 17 year old reg set of MK18 1st and R190 2nd stages. It's still working well, but Im looking to get a smaller and lighter 2nd stage for comfort reasons.

Can I get any 2nd stage that feels comfortable or should I stick to Scubapro ones, and if so which current models?

Scubapro states on their website that they match 1st and 2nd stages for performance. I don't know if this is true or not, hence my question.

Although I like the R190 and would not switch, you can find a second stage you like and replace the 190 and have the new reg tuned to your first stage, assuming you don't make the switch yourself and find it works fine without a trip to the shop. You could use the 190 to replace your safe second. which would probably be an upgrade, and put the extra second in your spares kit.

I mix brands on first and second stages all the time dependent on what I like, need, or have.

Bob

You just need your second stage to be "tuned" to the IP from the first stage. I'd get the Scubapro S560 second stage which is the same as the S600 (in plastic) if you aren't doing very cold water diving.

Back
Top Bottom