Scubapro MK10 SPEC Boot Molds - Free if you'll use them!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiznutaggie

Contributor
Reaction score
I have acquired Couv's collection of stuff that he left behind and amongst it were two molds for casting Mk10 SPEC boots. One 3d printed and one machined mold. You'll need a vacuum chamber to cast them without voids (which I don't have - if I did, I would keep them and cast myself). If you're interested in them and are willing to give me a hand full of boots in return, you can have the molds for free.

20230926_120616.jpg

I have acquired Couv's collection of stuff that he left behind and amongst it were two molds for casting Mk10 SPEC boots. One 3d printed and one machined mold. You'll need a vacuum chamber to cast them without voids (which I don't have - if I did, I would keep them and cast myself). If you're interested in them and are willing to give me a hand full of boots in return, you can have the molds for free.

View attachment 803584
Ah, I built the aluminium mold a couple of years ago and sent it to Couv as a gift.
Happy to see that it ended in good hands!
I had sent to Couv also a special black liquid rubber which fills perfectly the mold without bubbles. So no need of a vacuum chamber...
I do not know if you also got it...
If not, here is it: sintagom gomma liquida per modellismo

Here the drawing of the aluminium mold which I gave to the workshop technician for building it. Measurements are in mm, of course...
MK10-boot-mold.png

And here the resulting boot, and how it fits on my MK10:
20200330-111138.jpg

20200330-111527.jpg

It must be noted that this very nice MK10 was sent me by Couv...
We all miss him immenesely...

Ah, I built the aluminium mold a couple of years ago and sent it to Couv as a gift.
Happy to see that it ended in good hands!
I had sent to Couv also a special black liquid rubber which fills perfectly the mold without bubbles. So no need of a vacuum chamber...
I do not know if you also got it...
If not, here is it: sintagom gomma liquida per modellismo
I'm not sure if I got any of that polyurethane, but I will look for it! Thanks!
It must be noted that this very nice MK10 was sent me by Couv...
We all miss him immenesely...
I have its twin that I'm going to keep and dive with!
20230928_102846~2.jpg

Congratulations on the acquisition, having things from couv is an honor, it must be fantastic to see the inventions and projects of a regulator DIY master
That is an understatement! The adjustable micro vacuum he made for measuring cracking effort has been a particularly cool tool that I've enjoyed.

This thread shows how these molds were born...
It was Covid lockdown time, so I had a lot of spare time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom