SPEC Boots for MK10 and MK15 primary regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll probably order some shims from VintageDoubleHose in the next 24-hours. I hate paying shipping costs every time I need some cheap parts and then waiting for delivery, is there anything else I should probably have as spares? I mostly have 4x MK10s, several G250s, G200, & S555.

Can you take a picture of the two seats? Before you reinstall the old one. If you reinstall the old seat that’s acquired a set, your HP seat may leak increasing your IP higher than the 155.

Can you take a picture of the two seats? Before you reinstall the old one. If you reinstall the old seat that’s acquired a set, your HP seat may leak increasing your IP higher than the 155.
It's a little too late, unless I remove them again. I think I posted a picture of the old seat somewhere in this thread earlier. I was getting much higher than 155 earlier, but it's seemed to settle down a little after some use.

Another test dummy, errr I mean horse for @James79 boot a MK 20 that has seen better days, this is often what it’s like in an unsealed piston reg
D628F760-CE46-4B8F-A9ED-6C88956C21C4.jpeg

I gave it a quick acid bath, packed it with silicone, you can see it squeeze out as I tighten things up
A185DE61-639E-4C4D-863B-D0C8B081B7E4.jpeg

I added the MK 25 adjustable seat retainer and James orange saddle and it’s in test phase.
E450F8BF-6236-4165-8D1C-525C1B590E00.jpeg

I’m testing the boot on a mk25 this weekend and since I’ll be testing an AIR 1 on the pony I’m going to leave this old workhorse ocean test for another day.

Minor Update:

(1) I took the MK10 on 4x salt-water dives, 2x dives mostly around 60-80ft, and 2x around 15ft. The regulator breathed just fine & I've spotted no issues.

(2) The underwater IP-Gauge test has not been completed yet. The plan is to try that this week. That means (a) swap HP seat (b) add shims (c) verify IP (d) dive with IP gauge on LP BCD hose (e) record IP at various depths.

Also silly me didn't think of attaching 2x BCD hoses to one regulator, until a few seconds ago. Meaning that regulator can be attached to both my BCD & the IP gauge at the same time.

the-universe-tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom