Scubapro 1st Stage Servicing Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering that you put a yoke reg on a DIN valve and took it for a dive, you should probably get that regulator completely rebuilt.

Not that it matters, but you don't need to 'give up balanced' with a 109. You just convert them. The performance is about the same, balanced or unbalanced.

Ah, I didn't know you could convert the 109s to balanced. I'll look into that route, should I decide to go with a left-hand reg.

Anyone know where to buy equivalent (or OEM) hard bits for the SP MK10? I'd love to find a source of shims (piston, turret), a HP spring, and the cone filters.

It isn't critical since these parts rarely wear out, and I can clean the filters. I just like to have a spare on hand if it is needed.

HP seats are easy, they are a standard Trident item.

Piston shims here: Store | Vintage Double Hose

Hi @raftingtigger ,

You can stamp out shims from a plastic milk jug if necessary.

All SP first stages except the MK5 and new MK19 use the same swivel retainer: 10500104 and washer: 01060500 (the new ones are not as wide as the older flat ones but work just the same)

Filters and loads of other stuff are available at Scuba Gaskets
Conical Sintered Filter for Scubapro 1st Stage as part no SG01.028.109 - Scuba Gaskets
Swivel retainer for Scubapro as part no: 10.500.104 - Scuba Gaskets

Hi @raftingtigger ,

You can stamp out shims from a plastic milk jug if necessary.

All SP first stages except the MK5 and new MK19 use the same swivel retainer: 10500104 and washer: 01060500 (the new ones are not as wide as the older flat ones but work just the same)

Filters and loads of other stuff are available at Scuba Gaskets
Conical Sintered Filter for Scubapro 1st Stage as part no SG01.028.109 - Scuba Gaskets
Swivel retainer for Scubapro as part no: 10.500.104 - Scuba Gaskets
Thanks Couv. Scuba Gaskets is now on my supply list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom