Scubapro Mk10 - low intermediate pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makes sense, this year SP upped its parts prices by as much as 500%. Almost died when I saw 2020 pricing. In fact I've still not recovered.

Ruh Roh...I put that SP order in....without seeing the bill first...my wife is gonna kill me!! :p

It's no longer worth it for me to even buy and update G250s. They killed me, but I guess that was the motivation behind the hike, not just me personally of course.

I can see their reasoning...out with the old, in with thew [have folks buy new regs].

They need to spin off a side business or just sell off the original patents/tooling for someone to make new parts. But, that goes against new folks buying new gear.

I sure hope these franken S600s work out. I am entirely working from home...and cannot really do much as my team and labs are shut down...so...I wait for these parts to arrive. My house and property are in super great shape, tho!

You keepin busy, Buddasummer?

I can see their reasoning...out with the old, in with thew [have folks buy new regs].

They need to spin off a side business or just sell off the original patents/tooling for someone to make new parts. But, that goes against new folks buying new gear.

I sure hope these franken S600s work out. I am entirely working from home...and cannot really do much as my team and labs are shut down...so...I wait for these parts to arrive. My house and property are in super great shape, tho!

You keepin busy, Buddasummer?

But prices on parts still used in current production models went through the roof too.

Trying to makes ends meet. Cheers.

Wild...huh...wonder why that all happened...

Sorry, bud, if there is something I can do to help, just let me know...I can send a link on a bunch of jobs that are WFH...

Here's a new wrinkle! Slightly off topic, but at least it's re:Mk10.
Was restoring an old Mk10 with my son and everything seemed perfect until the submerged test. Tiny HP leak from the center hole of the seat carrier.
Switched the D90 2-013 (subst. 01.050.147) for a D90 3-905 and it sealed right up!

Maybe put a note on your annotated Mk10 schematic as an alternative.
How is that 905 standing the test of time?

It's still sealing fine, but I've actually since switched to using a metric D90 2 x 10 mm, in lieu of that orange Scubapro ring. That's been the best of the three.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom