Scubapro MK 25 sealed, experimental first try

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I meant I need to get some...

@James79 will be making a black one for me. You might want to PM him with a request for yourself.

Hi
I know this post is not new ....
Did you ever had the chance to do the next test??
James also made some silicone copied along the design of the original with more of a reservoir for the grease, I switched to that one for the next test that may be a few weeks away, I’ll use the 25 as my main reg so it doesn’t get bumped around.
and how do I get one of those?
Thanks

Hi

Thanks
I did a little and then sent it off for someone else to dive, he had good results adding grease a few times. I decided it just wasn’t worth the trouble for me, Sherwood makes a very nice dry sealed piston first stage.

Hi

Thanks
Sealing a Mk25 started to look like diminishing returns.... I never got an answer sorted that I'm truly happy with. On the other hand, the Mk20 boot copy seems to work just fine.... and I understand that a Mk20 can be upgraded to Mk25 with the piston and seat retainer. I think early 25's also had the same body as the 20. Only issue that's been brought to my attention about those is that the UL scalloped turret doesn't properly retain the upper edge of the boot, but I've made a retainer ring in TPE that pops on over the turret to achieve the same result. I don't have a picture of it installed (a Mk10 is the newest reg I own myself), but here's a picture of two Mk20 turrets, one scalloped (left hand) and one earlier design, to show what I'm talking about.
Four.jpg

If you need a Mk20 boot (and or adapter ring for the scalloped turret) let me know.

Respectfully,

James

If you need a Mk20 boot (and or adapter ring for the scalloped turret) let me know.
Yes man,
I do Want.
On the same topic, if I use Molykote 111 and not Christo-lube, will it work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom