ScubaPro Mark 7 service question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raftingtigger

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have 2 SP Mark 7s that I'd like to have serviced. The first was my original regulator and I bought it new in 1971. The second is newer with a 3000 psi yoke. I know the piston assembly is common with the Mark 10. Does anyone know if ScubaPro still makes service kits for the Mark 7 anymore? Will the Mark 10 kit cover most of the Mark 7's needs.

Currently both are divable with the exception of a bad o-ring on the audio alarm adjustment on one.

I have the original schematics, and it appears the only parts (except o-rings of course) that will wear out are the HP seat and possibly the piston. Those should be common with the Mark 10.

I know I can just take it to the LDS and ask, but given the vintage I'd like to research first. Last time I went to a LDS I was told the computer battery for a DataMax Sport computer wasn't replaceable and there was nothing they could do. They were right - to a point - it isn't supposed to be user replaceable, but with a little research it's working just fine on the new battery.

Thanks

The Mk7 is a Mk5 and the sonic device, not the Mk10. Scubapro still produces Mk5 and Mk10 service kits. One minor problem is those kits include the conical filter and your older Mk7 (and perhaps your newer one) will need a flat filter. Such filters are still available from Trident and other sources. The rest is standard o-rings so there should be no problem there. But be prepared for your shop to tell you service kits are no longer available and try to sell you new. Some of those o-ring may not be routinely stocked in the shop's stash so they may have to do some ordering.

BTW, Your G250 will probably need a new s-wing poppet and they will probably want to replace the balance chamber but everything is available there also.

Thanks, answers all my questions. Now I can deal with it in confidence.

Raft,

(re your other post) While your there, why not pick up a few kits to service your G250, etc. After you get the initial upgrades done and get the knowledge, you'll be able to service your fleet yourself.

c

Alright, how about an ignorant question??? Clicking on the link gets you a schematic of the first stage; what about the second stage? Does the "kit" only service the first stage; if so, again, what about the second stage? I purchased my MK VII in 1974 and have never had any issues with it. It is "gently" used.

Alright, how about an ignorant question??? Clicking on the link gets you a schematic of the first stage; what about the second stage? Does the "kit" only service the first stage; if so, again, what about the second stage? I purchased my MK VII in 1974 and have never had any issues with it. It is "gently" used.

On the bottom of the Mk5 page, there is a link to a 109 kit: Scubapro 109 non balanced service kit [109 non balanced] - $5.00 : Vintage Double Hose!, Your online source for all things related to vintage diving

Prices look pretty good.

Raft,

(re your other post) While your there, why not pick up a few kits to service your G250, etc. After you get the initial upgrades done and get the knowledge, you'll be able to service your fleet yourself.

c

Done, done, and done. Got the G250/109 kit, Mk 7 kit, both stages for Conshelf 14 kits, and some extra LP seats. Not to mention Vance Harlow's book

OK, let's see if I can recall the contents of the family 'fleet'

Firsts: SP MK 7 (2), AQlung Aquarius, USD Conshelf 14, AQlung Micra, XS Scuba ??? (pretty new)

Seconds: SP unbalanced 109, USD Conshelf 14, USD Conshelf SEA, G250 graphite (1st generation)

Alternates: Sherwood circa 1991, Sherwood circa ???, Apeks Octo+ integrated, and one I can't remember (probably another Sherwood)

I think I've found the service manuals or at least the schematics for them all now. I think with some reading and advice it is something I can easily maintain.

You all are being a BIG help. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom