ScubaPro Jet vs UsDiver Rocket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheekymonkey:
Well ty for all the fast advice everyone. I wear size 10 DUI Rockboots, does anyone wear that size, or have any insight into what size of Jet Fins I should be looking at, if my size is even useable with Jet Fins? Thanks again in advance.

There are numerous people who will tell you that a size 10 rockboot fits an XL jet fin perfectly and just as many who will say it doesn't. Use the search feature, this topic comes up at least once a month.

use one of each see wich is easier and if you go in circles the outside one is better

I have both rockets and super rockets. They perform better than my blades for my kick styles and since I'm not trying to set any speed records and improve my control they work great. I may try jets at some time but with 5 pairs of fins I'm done buying until one or two go totally balls up.

Walter:
They do look a great deal alike, but they are totally different fins. Jets are my all time favorites. I'd almost rather not dive than to use Rockets.

I bought a pair of USD Rockets on eBay for $5. That's about what they're worth.

They're so negatively heavy I only wear them with a drysuit. Even then, I usually only use them in lousy conditions like shore dives through gravel to save wear and tear on decent fins.

I dive super rockets and my wife uses the jetfins. The sizing of the boot pocket on the jetfin is bizzare at best. Something about their molds I'm told. An XL jetfin is more like everyone elses' large. So if you go with the jetfins take your boots with you and try them on as has been mentioned already.

The super rockets are very heavy, but they do generate a lot of torque and are great in currents etc. I use mine wet and dry.

I have been eyeing the OMS slipstreams as a possible rocket replacement, they are very light as well, but have a better boot pocket design than the jet fins

Cheers

Which size fins were they Darnold?
sorry to pry on that aspect but there arent any ScubaPro dealers in the orlando area anymore, the last one just went OOB. So i'm going to have to order then return if they don't fit the size 10 rockboots.

BTW do spring straps that fit normal scubapro's fit the jet fins?

Cheekymonkey:
Which size fins were they Darnold?
sorry to pry on that aspect but there arent any ScubaPro dealers in the orlando area anymore, the last one just went OOB. So i'm going to have to order then return if they don't fit the size 10 rockboots.

BTW do spring straps that fit normal scubapro's fit the jet fins?
Both XL jet fins, one from a local shop I tried out on loan. The other from a fellow diver so don't know where the spring straps came from.

FWIW i have size 11 DUI Rockboots and i couldn't squeeze my foot into a XL Jet Fin if i had a crowbar. The XXL Jets were way too big width-wise. I went with the Turtles and they fit perfectly. I also got springs from XS Scuba. They're more expensive than most, but really well made. And the way they attach makes it easy to swap them out since i got the medium and small size springs i can change them so i can use the turtles both dry and wet, and not need another set of fins.

I have both the Rockets and Jets. I have to say that from my experiences, the Jets are way better. But as some said, may be you want to try them out first if you can. The foot pocket is certainly an issue for the Jets.

I also have to agree that the spring straps make the Jets very lovely.

cayman diver:
use one of each see wich is easier and if you go in circles the outside one is better
I actually have a "mixed pair" that I use on a regular basis and I cannot tell the difference between the two. I hear a lot of people say there's a difference but I've never felt it.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom