ScubaPro goes Force Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are a "boot version" of the go with lots of improvements over the Go. They weren't meant, and I never said, to replace the original Go fins. Each model has its user and market.

New products coming from SP including a new version of a BP/Wings, all from SP??
Ah, sorry, read your post as saying SP wanted to improve an older version by releasing/replacing with a modified newer one, as opposed to just releasing a variation of it, the former implied (to my reading) “deficiencies” with the first version.

Yes, from SP.

@lexvil told me in another thread that these are slightly positive in buoyancy. No way they would work for me in a drysuit. I can't even use my Deep6 fins, which are neutral, in a drysuit. My feet are too floaty. I need the weight of my Hollis F1 fins when driving dry.

@lexvil told me in another thread that these are slightly positive in buoyancy. No way they would work for me in a drysuit. I can't even use my Deep6 fins, which are neutral, in a drysuit. My feet are too floaty. I need the weight of my Hollis F1 fins when driving dry.
Other than performance it’s one of the things I like about them, I’m leg heavy, I use 10 lbs on the top strap along with wearing my tank a few inches higher than most would, toss in a flathead VI to put max weight as high as possible and I still sink feet first so light weight fins help a lot.

Other than performance it’s one of the things I like about them, I’m leg heavy, I use 10 lbs on the top strap along with wearing my tank a few inches higher than most would, toss in a flathead VI to put max weight as high as possible and I still sink feet first so light weight fins help a lot.

I only mean this in the nicest possible way... but... you're a weirdo. LOL :wink:

I have a neuromuscular problem am looking for the MOST efficient, ergonomic fins to minimize leg spasms and maximize the limited leg strength I have. I have used snorkel fins in the past because they are shorter and light weight. I only dive warm water and travel to the tropics. The SP GO and GO sport seem like good options. Any recommendations for one over the other given my condition? Other suggestions?

I have a neuromuscular problem am looking for the MOST efficient, ergonomic fins to minimize leg spasms and maximize the limited leg strength I have. I have used snorkel fins in the past because they are shorter and light weight. I only dive warm water and travel to the tropics. The SP GO and GO sport seem like good options. Any recommendations for one over the other given my condition? Other suggestions?
I would think they would be a good option, the choice between them rests more on the type of diving, regular go fins would be better if you don’t want to wear anything else on your feet, or anything more than thin booties or socks, if you are diving where to want foot protecting for entries like Bonaire I would use the GO Sport.

Hi aquacos,

Do you do any diving at Jupiter Dive Center? I was recently there and the DM, Helen, was diving with Go Sport fins. The current was quite brisk that day and she did just fine, even with the flag. I finned moderately hard a few times in my Dive Rite XTs. I asked her about them and she said she liked them very much. If you had the chance, you could talk to her about them.

Best of luck

Hi aquacos,

Do you do any diving at Jupiter Dive Center? I was recently there and the DM, Helen, was diving with Go Sport fins. The current was quite brisk that day and she did just fine. I finned moderately hard a few times in my Dive Rite XTs. I asked her about them and she said she liked them very much. If you had the chance, you could talk to her about them.

Best of luck
I dive JDC frequently. Several times a month. Thanks

I would think they would be a good option, the choice between them rests more on the type of diving, regular go fins would be better if you don’t want to wear anything else on your feet, or anything more than thin booties or socks, if you are diving where to want foot protecting for entries like Bonaire I would use the GO Sport.
Good advice, I rarely do shore dives due to walking difficulties. Thanks

Hi aquacos,

Do you do any diving at Jupiter Dive Center? I was recently there and the DM, Helen, was diving with Go Sport fins. The current was quite brisk that day and she did just fine, even with the flag. I finned moderately hard a few times in my Dive Rite XTs. I asked her about them and she said she liked them very much. If you had the chance, you could talk to her about them.

Best of luck
Anecdote; tried my new yellow GO Sports yesterday, my buddie, the F1 diver tried my white ones on the second dive, on the way home we stopped for air fills and he bought a pair too.

Back
Top Bottom