Scubapro Galileo HUD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
P
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Scubapro Galileo HUD
Has anyone looked at the accuracy?
For example, the compass.
Is it accurate compared to an analog compass?

Always :)

Here is the letter from 2018 that was sent with the computer when it was returned. This was witnessed in person by the area sales rep and NA sales manager. When the replacement was received and it was not much better...I just stopped worrying about compass accuracy on the computers. Again, I use a Suunto SK-8 compass if I need accurate compass navigation.

Attachments

• Failure of Scubapro G2C Compass.pdf
    247.1 KB · Views: 13

Here is the letter from 2018 that was sent with the computer when it was returned. This was witnessed in person by the area sales rep and NA sales manager. When the replacement was received and it was not much better...I just stopped worrying about compass accuracy on the computers. Again, I use a Suunto SK-8 compass if I need accurate compass navigation.

Thank you.

Any explanation of what's going on from SP?

I am getting my HUD in the coming 2 weeks I hope. I will compare its readings with my Suunto compass, Ratio computer and whatever else I have.

Hey Sevenrider,
the letter you've shown exactly represented the issue I had with the HUD.
If indeed 90 degree turn on digital compass results in 53 degree turn in magnetic, it comes difficult to do any navigation at all underwater, no?
And is that the issue your solving through declination?

Hey Sevenrider,
the letter you've shown exactly represented the issue I had with the HUD.
If indeed 90 degree turn on digital compass results in 53 degree turn in magnetic, it comes difficult to do any navigation at all underwater, no?
And is that the issue your solving through declination?
The inability to show 90 degrees when the computer is turned 90 degrees is another issue I have seen with the Scubapro computers and this cannot be solved by setting the declination. This is a failure that cannot be worked around.

Back
Top Bottom