ScubaPro Galileo HUD Firmware v1.5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Sallows

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As of June 15, 2023, ScubaPro released v1.5 which I successfully installed. Doing Google Search, reveals nothing as to this release, and an initial examination post-install show no obvious changes. As usual (unlike for my Shearwater Perdix AI), ScubaPro shows no release notes; only installation instructions. Just throwing this out there, to see if anyone knows?
As an aside, I'm putting this up for sale, along with a SP Frameless mask with HUD mount. I feel the HUD was a great concept, with flawed execution. My issue is partially to do with my eye spacing (close together), so that aiming the HUD with the minimum of spacers. still makes it difficult to see the AI green bar along the left edge. An ability to perform a horizontal swivel adjustment, would have solved this problem.

As of June 15, 2023, ScubaPro released v1.5 which I successfully installed. Doing Google Search, reveals nothing as to this release, and an initial examination post-install show no obvious changes. As usual (unlike for my Shearwater Perdix AI), ScubaPro shows no release notes; only installation instructions. Just throwing this out there, to see if anyone knows?
As an aside, I'm putting this up for sale, along with a SP Frameless mask with HUD mount. I feel the HUD was a great concept, with flawed execution. My issue is partially to do with my eye spacing (close together), so that aiming the HUD with the minimum of spacers. still makes it difficult to see the AI green bar along the left edge. An ability to perform a horizontal swivel adjustment, would have solved this problem.
Did you send your questions and thoughts to Scubapro?

Also, how well does the GPS feature work if you are trying to navigate to a specific point on surface? If I want to surface swim to a predetermined point and drop down, does it help you do that?

@Mark Sallows not to hijack but... Do you or do you know of anyone with this dive computer (ScubaPro Galileo HUD) need reading glasses to see up close. And if so, can you read the HUD without glasses on. I have always wondered if I could go this route... I can't see test from 6-10 inches out... not unless I have readers on.

To the OP... I found this, it might be helpful to you.

Galileo HUD Firmware Update
The new Galileo HUD Firmware, Version 1.5 is now available at SCUBAPRO.com

We recommend to always install the most up to date version on your SCUBAPRO dive computer.

The new firmware introduces a new “Battery Sleep Mode” when battery power drops under a certain voltage. To reactivate the HUD from that Mode the customer must leave the HUD with the deep discharged battery on charging and the recovery will happen automatically.

You will find the new HUD Firmware Version 1.5 along with installation instructions on the SCUBAPRO website at https://www.scubapro.com/software-firmware.

New HUDs moving forward will have the new version pre-installed.

NOTE: The new firmware does not cover improper start-up of a brand new unit.

We recommend to always install the most up to date version on your SCUBAPRO dive computer.

The new firmware introduces a new “Battery Sleep Mode” when battery power drops under a certain voltage. To reactivate the HUD from that Mode the customer must leave the HUD with the deep discharged battery on charging and the recovery will happen automatically.

You will find the new HUD Firmware Version 1.5 along with installation instructions on the SCUBAPRO website at https://www.scubapro.com/software-firmware.

Also here:

Texas Dive Center

·

NEW Software Update for Galileo HUD
The new Galileo HUD Firmware Version 1.5 is now available for those of you that own a ScubaPro HUD Computer. We always recommend installing the most up to date version on your SCUBAPRO dive computer. This one helps to solve the Deep Sleep issue moving forward. If you have a older firmware you must charge the HUD at least every 5-6 months or it goes into deep sleep and it will have to be sent to ScubaPro to wake it up.
The new firmware introduces a new “Battery Sleep Mode” when battery power drops under a certain voltage. To reactivate the HUD from that Mode the customer must leave the HUD on the charger and the recovery will happen automatically.
You will find the new HUD Firmware Version 1.5 along with installation instructions on the SCUBAPRO website at https://www.scubapro.com/software-firmware. Be sure to also download the pdf instructions on steps to do this.

Thank you; this (v1.5) should address the issue whereby if the battery is allowed to fully drain, it could brick the unit, requiring return to ScubaPro. I was aware of this potential issue and always kept a minimum charge (they do hold the charge quite well).

Hi all,
I just took delivery of a brand new Galileo HUD, and it seems to be DOA. I followed the instructions to power it on for the first time, and nothing. It's now been charging for 12 hours, and still nothing. The dive shop that sold it to me is happy to take it back, but they are interstate, and I really hoped to dive with it this weekend. I suspect it's been sitting on a shelf for some time, and the battery has deep-discharged - I've seen similar issues reported on Amazon.

Before I send it back, do you have any suggestions on how I might try to revive it? I saw the post above about the new firmware release (but obviously have no idea what firmware version is installed on this unit) but the ominous "The new firmware does not cover improper start-up of a brand new unit." has me worried. What is "improper startup" ? Any thoughts and suggestions would be great. This is my first Scubapro instr8ment purchase and I have to say it's put me off.

Hi all,
I just took delivery of a brand new Galileo HUD, and it seems to be DOA. I followed the instructions to power it on for the first time, and nothing. It's now been charging for 12 hours, and still nothing. The dive shop that sold it to me is happy to take it back, but they are interstate, and I really hoped to dive with it this weekend. I suspect it's been sitting on a shelf for some time, and the battery has deep-discharged - I've seen similar issues reported on Amazon.

Before I send it back, do you have any suggestions on how I might try to revive it? I saw the post above about the new firmware release (but obviously have no idea what firmware version is installed on this unit) but the ominous "The new firmware does not cover improper start-up of a brand new unit." has me worried. What is "improper startup" ? Any thoughts and suggestions would be great. This is my first Scubapro instr8ment purchase and I have to say it's put me off.
I don’t know about the bricking issue first hand but you best bet is probably to return it or contact scubapro and ask if there are any wake up secrets.

For the record it’s a nice computer and really nice for navigation but it will take several dives to get used to it, once you have it working.

HI ALL, in these pictures the "inside the hud " :acclaim:
my friend gave me this item to check... it never went into water and the battery ran too low.
Sent to Scubapro and returned with the proposal of a trade-in (via money...).
I opened it and the battery was missing (probably connected to the red and black wire, yellow ring) furthermore the flat cable was detached from its housing (green rings). (photo on the right)
What to say ?! It didn't seem like a good solution for Scubapro to keep customers... what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG-20240410-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20240410-WA0009.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 18
  • InkedInkedIMG-20240410-WA0007_LI.jpg
    InkedInkedIMG-20240410-WA0007_LI.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 20
What was the offer? On one hand if it was not working leaving the old/damaged/dead cell makes shipping more compliant with regulations and on the other hand they should have put a new battery in it and explained why they feel it needs to be replaced.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom